Put this on your bucket list!!

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Mikie Robin Mcguire, Sep 25, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie Robin Mcguire

Mikie Robin Mcguire Well-Known Member

Name:
    mikie and robin
    In june the boys of OTB & me and IMTBshadowman spent a week in Oakridge, Oregon... I must say its one of the most beautiful places to ride! Thank you! me and MTBshadowman Please check this out and lets plan another adventure with my IMBT's family.. This is just one of the many trails in Oakridge.. More vid's to come..

Mikie, mtnbikej, luskie and 16 others like this.
  2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Nice! I just rode Alpine last Thursday... :thumbsup: :inlove:

Mikie, Cyclotourist, herzalot and 5 others like this.
  3. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    If I ever get up that way I'll have to check it out.

Mikie, Faust29, Cyclotourist and 3 others like this.
  4. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    I've been preaching there Oregon stoke since my 1st trip in 2013 when we rode in Bend (overrated), the McKenzie River Trail (super scenic and fun up top but overrated on the whole) and Oakridge which of course is awesome as you found out. The first time I rode the Alpine Trail, I had to stop on the Jedi section up top and ask my buddy "is this for real"? The trees were so green and the soil was so perfect that I thought I had to be dreaming. We ended up doin g the ATCA route and the T section (Tire Mountain) is actually better than Alpine in my opinion. The drawback is it's a long way back to Alpine to close the loop.

Next time you go up there, get out and ride the North Umpqua Trail (NUT) which is East of Roseburg. The Dread & Terror section might be my favorite single ride ever. The enviro-nazi's are trying to get that area declared as Wilderness so it's best to go sooner rather than later.

Just looking at this photo makes me want to go back!!

IMG_0659.JPG

5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    ACTA was awesome... I've done it twice so far. And agree about the Tire Mountain stretch.

I was talking with the shuttle driver last week and he said they are building a single track connector to get rid of the one hellacious overgrown fire road climb in the middle of that route.

6. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    That would be great. I have friends that want me to take them up there after getting bit by the Oregon bug in Ashland this year. But they want to go in June which could be dicey depending on this years snowfall.

7. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    I like the North fork Umpqua. it rides like climb when you are heading down river. I also like the McKenzie at the top by Clear Lake. It is pretty flat but the fresh lava is nasty, so you best clean everything. Later on the underground river the trail is flat but it eventually hits some tricky older big lava slab sections by the Blue Hole. This area exacts a high price for mistakes.
    Happy sharp glass trails