e13 trs+ dropper post

Discussion in 'Dropper Seat Posts' started by Tom the Bomb, Apr 13, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!
    Ok so I have been running Gravity dropper posts since they first came out. The most reliable post ever. Great price fully mech. Had one for 7 years and never serviced. Sold it to a friend and he is still riding it. I currently have one on my tall boy Gen 1 no internal routing works awesome with Wolftooth remote. When I got my WFO I wanted an internally routed dropper. First came the reverb. Nothing but problems, sent back got replacement and sold it new in box. Next ks lev, failed after 3 rides, sent back and ordered the 9.8 interim. Got the ks back before the 9.8 got to me so I reinstalled it and had no issues other than slow operation in cold weather but no failure. It did need to be serviced though. Sold when sold the WFO. 2018 Rip 9 comes in to replace the WFO on goes the 9.8 . Tricky install . Constantly adjusting the cable tension.I bought this because it had a mech brake to lock in the seat post height, no hydraulics Pneumatic for the up and down movement, got be good right? Wrong! In cold weather and when hitting a square edge it slips! And badly! This thing was spendy. After numerous contacts with 9.8 via email because they do not answer the phone it went back for brake service. Searching for a new dropper I came across the reviews for e13s new trs+ dropper . All mechanical like the GD, but with internal routing and trick under bar remote. $259.00! Bought through Backcountry, came in 2 days. Installed and have never looked back . Fully mechanical. 4 position drop and it is much more refined than the GD. This thing is great! Great warranty . e13 stands behind there stuff!
    Buy it you'll like it!

Grego, Cisco Roots, mike and 9 others like this.
  2. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Yeah that’s the one I want.

Tom the Bomb and Danmtchl like this.
  3. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    That’s what I am installing today on the Devinci. Finally had enough with the Reverb failing. A5818BBD-F90B-416B-ACB4-58A954E87443.jpeg12B4C51B-4F0C-47E8-BF70-29CE2CB81900.jpeg

Grego, Cisco Roots, UPSed and 3 others like this.
  4. tortoise

tortoise Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Thanks for that info, looking to get myself a dropper soon...

Tom the Bomb and Danmtchl like this.
  5. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    I recently spent $185 to get my Reverb serviced. 2nd time in 5 years. I consider that reliable, especially when taking into account my riding weight. Next time my dropper needs to be fixed, I will look into the e13 trs+.

My wife’s bike has a 2017 DVO Garnet external hydraulic dropper with 3 rides on it and no issues so far...

6. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    No 27.2mm....:(

Sidewalk, Tom the Bomb and Danmtchl like this.
  7. Tom the Bomb

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!
    Bummer Ross:mad: I'll tell them you want one.

rossage likes this.
  8. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    Derail :) put the Bikeyoke Revive on your research list... me? Reverb disaster multiple disaster .... then Revive solid smooth no-maintenance self-maintenance if you ever want..oh and self instant bleed if ever needed...

Tom the Bomb and MattB like this.
  9. Thanks for this info. I been debating the dropper products from E-13, pnw, and PRO. Just really not interested in $500 hydraulic models i have to send in for service.

Redman, Tom the Bomb and Cyclotourist like this.
  10. MattB

MattB Member

Name:
    Matt B
    Just installed one of these myself. I only have a couple of rides on it so far, but love it for the same reasons you listed. It also has a really short stack height (or whatever you'd call it on a dropper), so I was able to go from a 125mm Reverb set just a little up from the seat post clamp, to a 160mm drop slammed to the frame. When I went back to my other bike that still has a 125mm Reverb, I kept thinking it wasn't dropped all the way down. I'd get a Bikeyoke Revive for that bike too, but the frame is older and doesn't have stealth routing so it's a no go.

11. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Thanks for the info, Tom and all. Love the dropper competition; everyone wins.

12. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    A dropper post if my favorite upgrade... don't know how I ever rode without one!

Sidewalk, Tom the Bomb, mike and 6 others like this.
  13. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    1C337DCE-0FBD-47DB-B268-5B2D1BE081AD.jpeg 618DB17D-309B-4F78-854D-E80F6D7CE894.jpeg Maiden voyage on the E13 dropper today, worked well, it did its thing. One might note, there is no way to control how fast it goes up or down. If you are not prepared you will get hit in the junk pretty good.

14. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    That e13 sure does look like a winner. Next up for me is to see how they hold up.
    Durability and user-serviceable, are two musts in my experience.

Now about a 27.2 version...:whistling:

15. Cisco Roots

Cisco Roots Well-Known Member

Name:
    Cisco
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB140 LR
    I HATE REVERBS

16. 27.2, what is that? New tire standard? Old school handle bar Dia? Sure can’t be a seat post;

17. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    My age, times 1.949...

18. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
  19. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    It works great with zero problems. It goes up and down without any fluid leaking into my frame. I would highly recommend this post to anyone who is looking for one.

20. Tom the Bomb

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!
    Great and I do not baby it

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?