Barnes is down...

Discussion in 'Crash Confessions' started by herzalot, Apr 7, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Mikie, Danmtchl and Cyclotourist like this.
  2. tbarnesarc

tbarnesarc Well-Known Member

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet

Huh? I'm confused. I responded to makoto's comment by posting the screen grab stating it was in fact the daily shot from Vital.

Mikie and Danmtchl like this.
  3. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Yeah, but you didn't link it so we could see the full 7-shot feature! I wouldn't expect you to do so, since it ain't no big deal to you. But I think it's cool - thus the link.

Mikie, Danmtchl and LLPoolJ like this.
  4. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Ohh. that's not a 7 shot feature. It is just some photos I have posted over the years on vital. How the daily shot works is Johan aka Iceman comments on a photo stating: "daily shot xx/xx/xxx" from a photo that may be in an existing gallery. Point being vital wasn't showcasing my gallery as a whole. Look on vitals page today and you'll just see that one shot stated as the the daily shot. That should clear up the confusion! :sneaky::whistling:;)

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 10.23.28 PM.jpg

Mikie, Danmtchl and herzalot like this.
  5. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    It's been 6 1/2 weeks since the ye ole c-bone snapper mcsnapperton so here's the latest. :gag: I got updated xrays done today but this time I asked for the CD so I could have them to look at. See below and notice the dates. There's no wonder why I didn't think I broke it initially. That displacement is nothing compared the last time i did it. I haven't heard from the Dr. in regards to the report from radiology yet but the images seem promising. Also, on another positive front a shiny new 2019 Fox 36 fit grip 2 should be showing up next week. :eek:

20180423 1-8x.jpg 20180522 1-8x.jpg

Mikie, kioti, Poofighter and 10 others like this.
  6. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    New bike parts generally speed healing, IME. Excellent. :thumbsup:

I’m gonna wait for the word from the doc over some hack with a CD drive, tho. :D

Mikie, Cyclotourist, Danmtchl and 4 others like this.
  7. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    hahaha! i see how you are Mike. o_O:gag::laugh:

Mikie, Cyclotourist, Danmtchl and 4 others like this.
  8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I drive by your place of employment twice a day and think about you waiting patiently. I hope the other two things you were working on prior to ye old 40th are still in check!

Cool about the new fork. As usual, I am jealous. I only got the 2018 with Fit 4, not Grip 2! Curses! Now just stay out of those sneaky hidden ruts... :stop:

9. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    The break was much less serious than last time if you remember the displacement. All is still in check in regards to not smoking and the other thing. Haven't smoked since Jan 28th. :whistling:

The fork worked out serendipitously since it was ordered directly from Fox via a colleague in the industry during Fox's transition into the 2019 stuff. :eek:

Hoping PT starts soon to get movement and strength built back up again. Fingers crossed. :cool:

10. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    I was hoping at exactly 2 months to the day I would be happy to report that I'm not down anymore. Unfortunately I got a call from the Dr today while attending Laguna Beers Co's grand opening that I am now being referred to an Ortho o_O. I'm dumbfounded at this point and pretty irate to say the least. :bang: I showed the xrays from two weeks ago to an ortho buddy and he said my healing process looked great. Needless to say I am utterly confused on what is going on with my c-bone now. The sling has been off for about 2 weeks and I can raise my arm above my shoulder. Ya can't do that with a broken freakin collar bone! Anyway, sorry to vent but this is frustrating!!! If I were to guess, there is a disconnect between the radiology dept at Mission Hospital and my Dr's office for some odd reason. Will report back once I hear from the Dr next.:rolleyes:

Faust29, Mikie, MrGreedom and 4 others like this.
  11. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    My friend in Vancouver is a radiologist. Not a technician - a full blown medical doctor. Let's send her your pics and see what she says. She's also a mt. biker.

Faust29, Mikie, Cyclotourist and 3 others like this.
  12. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Thanks Chris. I talked to Sten briefly this evening via wastebook about it. He said it didn't look surgical but wouldn't be a bad idea to see an ortho so I could get my questions answered. Valid point so I'll see what plays out and then I may take you up on your offer.

13. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Turns out that I'm sort of not down anymore :eek:. Saw my Ortho today and he said the collar bone is healing nicely. The whole range of motion test made me a bit nervous :gag: but there's virtually no pain other than muscle fatigue. He will be signing me off for PT as soon as the looks at the xrays from today. :cool: In the meantime I'd mentally prepare yourselves for some self deprecating POV vids in the near future. :whistling:

14. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Been way too long, my friend. Looking forward to the re-Barnesification of the Laguna hillsides. :thumbsup:

15. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Woohoo! Good to here!

Cyclotourist, tbarnesarc and herzalot like this.
  16. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
  17. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Thanks gents! Finally some freakin good news. Also my PCP will be replaced after this nonsense. See below for the progress. From left to right; 2 weeks, 6 weeks and 9 weeks after the initial break.

2wks to 9wks.jpg

Poofighter, OTHRider, Faust29 and 6 others like this.
  18. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Full and speedy recovery!:)

Mikie, Cyclotourist and tbarnesarc like this.
  19. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    I wouldn't say speedy but it's definitely healing better than the last time. How's your healing going Sara?

Mikie and mountaingirl sara like this.
  20. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Well better is good! Are you stir crazy?
    Healing is going well! Back on my usual Golden Eagle trail, just much slower for now:thumbsup:. Gotta find my mojo and my strength again! Injuries suck:bang:

Faust29, Mikie, MrGreedom and 5 others like this.
  21. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Awesome! Glad to hear it. Hopefully the strength and mojo returns quickly!
    Stir crazy would be putting it mildly on my end. What can I organize, work on, clean etc next? o_O That should subside in the coming weeks though. :thumbsup:

22. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    You’ve got this :thumbsup: Heal fast and be good if you can;) Keep us posted on your progress too!

23. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    One last note and I shall refrain on updating moving forward. PT was approved today by my Ortho. I have my first appointment monday afternoon. I plan on hitting it as hard as they'll allow to get the muscles and mobility back to riding strength asap. :D:cool:

SnakeCharmer, Faust29, kioti and 6 others like this.
  24. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Those pics were AWESOME! Sheesh!
    Way to send it @tbarnesarc !

herzalot likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?