Another OC fire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danimal, Jun 13, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Plan was to stop at The Path on live oak afterwork today and pick up my Rocky with the new fork internals installed. Driving along Santiago canyon I see smoke, Helos and a dropper plane. Uh oh...
    Live Oak Rd was closed by the Sheriffs dept so, nope, no bike today.

Figure it's got to be somewhere along live oak....they were knocking it down hard. Anyone have more info?

2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    From Patch

Brush Fire Burns In Trabuco Canyon
    A 2.5 acre brush fire was reported Wednesday evening, burning near Live Oak Canyon Raod and Canyon Creek.
    By Ashley Ludwig, Patch Staff | Jun 13, 2018 8:53 pm ET | Updated Jun 13, 2018 9:09 pm ET
    TRABUCO CANYON, CA — The Trabuco Canyon hillsides were burning Wednesday evening after a vegetation fire began at just after 5 p.m. in the area of Live Oak Cyn Road and Canyon Creek, Orange County Fire Authority reported.

Approximately 70 OCFA firefighters and 70 US Forest Service firefighters were onscene and had established "hose lines" around the fire, authorities reported.

The fire was burning uphill but "very light wind," they said. No evacuations or injuries were reported as of 6 p.m. No road closures were reported.

Firefighters were "making good progress on this fire and keeping it away from homes," OCFA Capt. Tony Bommarito said. "These homes have very good clearance around them, with good defensible space."

OCFA's helicopter made good water drops and has slowed the fire, according to reports, and an air tanker has made a fire retardant drop.

Subscribe
    This is a developing report. Please refresh this page for the latest updates.

Renee Schiavone Photo

3. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Stopped by the Path and picked up the Bike. They said the fire was right next to the monastery off live oak rd.

herzalot, kioti, mtnbikej and 2 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?