Raging River State Forest - New Trail System in Washington

Discussion in 'Trail Advocacy' started by Cisco Roots, May 18, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Cisco Roots

Cisco Roots Well-Known Member

Name:
    Cisco
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB140 LR
    There is a whole new trail system that is opening up here in the Seattle area this weekend and I can guarantee you this is going to put Seattle on the map as far MTB destinations go.

In conjunction with WA DNR (Department of Natural Resources) and EMBA (Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance), the system has been in the works for a few years and it's finally coming to fruition. The soft opening was actually last summer, so I've been riding these trails since then and I can say they are top class trails.

The mix of trails goes from EASY to Double Black with some serious expert advanced features.

The main configuration is a lollipop with a 7 mile climb that descends to some serious DH trails with a blend of chunky roots tech and blends into bike parish flow and then back into the chunk. Along this DH section there is some optional double black with a huge steep rock roll that'll make you pucker big time (haven't hit that yet). Theres another double black option as well that is just very steep and narrow (rode this!). This is all at the lollipop section. Once finished with this is another climb that takes you to the main climbing trail. You descend back down (two way system) until you hit the finale which is a one way DH trail that is all about flow and jumps. I've only hit the bottom portion and I gotta say this is what everyone is going to be raving about. The trails are whistler inspired and although I haven't ridden much flow trails, I had one the best times Ive ever had on a bike for the last section.

For all you Cali folks and my IMTB buds, I wish I could share these trails with you cuz I know you'd be blown away. It's gonna be a great summer of riding!

https://www.evergreenmtb.org/blog/you-re-invited-this-saturday-the-raging-river-opening-celebration

https://www.trailforks.com/region/raging-river-state-forest/

32509981_10211759074229131_8352547755230494720_n.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

Attached Files:

Mikie, konakc, doublewide and 12 others like this.
  2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Sounds all-time. TFPU!!!

You got that flat parking spot worked out, double cab/short bed size? :sneaky::thumbsup:

Mikie, DangerDirtyD, rossage and 3 others like this.
  3. Cisco Roots

Name:
    Cisco
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB140 LR
    Haha yup, but you know HOA might not like it oh well ;) cheers!

Mikie, DangerDirtyD and mtnbikej like this.
  4. Cisco Roots

Name:
    Cisco
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB140 LR
    Okay here’s a couple of Videos of Jeff Kendall Weed killing it at Raging River......

The Steep rock roll you see here is well, STEEEEP! Seen it w my own 2 eyes. This guys manualed down it like it's nothing, my hero.

Mikie, herzalot, UPSed and 6 others like this.
  5. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    TFPU, CR :thumbsup:

Wheels are turning, if ya dig. :sneaky:

Mikie, DangerDirtyD and Cisco Roots like this.
  6. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    @Cisco Roots Whats the IMTB rate to Air B&B it on your couch?

7. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    thanks cisco roots.. I lived in sand point area of Seattle for 4 months.. of the best summer ever...
    Seattle still the best area to live for 3 months out of the year...
    thanks for posting...
    .. umm 2 hour flight...

Mikie, DangerDirtyD and Cisco Roots like this.
  8. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    We got dibs on the extra driveway spot :geek::cool:

Mikie, herzalot, DangerDirtyD and 2 others like this.
  9. Cisco Roots

Name:
    Cisco
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB140 LR
    LOL! Love it @MrGreedom @mike !!

Mikie, MrGreedom and mike like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?