Barnes is down...

Discussion in 'Crash Confessions' started by herzalot, Apr 7, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. tbarnesarc

tbarnesarc Well-Known Member

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Here's the collar bone update for those interested. Saw my doctor today due to the ER doc referring me to an ortho out of network o_O. She said the bone is very minimally displaced, meaning the two pieces are close to each other and should fuse back in a normal fashion. That explains the clicking I feel occasionally.:gag: She also gave me an X brace to replace the sling. I used one with my previous collar bone snappage and it worked great. X-rays happen in 2 weeks and if all goes well PT will start in 4 weeks. Should be back riding in 8 weeks. Fingers crossed...:cool:

Also, a bit of a side note on the photography front; an LBS and I are in talks about me doing some lifestyle, ride culture esque shots for the shop in trade for some product and or services. Should be a fun experiential addition to the photography portfolio. :thumbsup: Jim, I might need an assistant btw...:whistling: Totally kidding of course.;)

Mikie, Danmtchl, mike and 19 others like this.
  2. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    Good luck with a quick recovery @tbarnesarc . I've had some nasty rib injuries and a badly broke ankle, but thankfully no collarbone. (trying to find some wood to knock on besides my head since it's hollow now.)

Mikie, Danmtchl, mike and 8 others like this.
  3. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    sounds like relatively good news, hope you recover quick

Mikie, Danmtchl, mike and 4 others like this.
  4. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Finger on the pulse baby. #bonebraker #triggahfingah #maxxisenvy #mtbcultural #flowtography #ho4product #34waist #riderdown #ithinkikon #habnation #mtbparkoc #dirtnap

5. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Sorry to hear about the breakage. I've broke ribs twice and collarbone 3x so know what it's like. It's always the silly unexpected crashes that end up doing the most damage.

6. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Well I know that it sucks, @tbarnesarc, but think about the impact on the rest of us! No weekly videos of T and A and surrounding areas! Not sure I can handle that for 8 weeks. :eek::(

OK, seriously - heal up completely. No heroics. Enjoy that gig shooting lifestyle pics for one of the local bike industry retailers. I am guessing the wounded wing may create some difficulty in that pursuit as well, but I've seen you take photos one-handed before!

7. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    WTF, tb! No good!

You’re young and strong, will shake it off. Nothing ventured, nothing gained; way to redline it, but no missing work pal. : )

8. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    And more importantly. no after-work riding buddy for sir crashalot :(

9. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    You just have to ride it Solo, Han. :D

10. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Very punny. :rolleyes:

11. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Some positive news in my down time I figured I would share. My buddies over at Laguna Beach Beer Company are about to launch their next beer named "Telonics". :eek: They asked if they could use some of my snaps for marketing purposes in exchange for some adult sport sodas and merch. How could I resist.... :whistling:Anyway below is the email blast that was sent out today. I should be in possession of a few Crowlers and some merch tomorrow. :eek:
    Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 7.27.04 PM.jpg

12. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Cool! :thumbsup::cool:

And of course a mtb beer has to be IPA - even double IPA. Just not cool if it's not!

On a more important note, I hope your recuperation is going well. :thumbsup:

13. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    The all-important question: Will it be available at the apres-ride party at Rwanda? If not, why not?

14. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    @herzalot I had feeling it actually would be an IPA at the very least but they doubled down. :eek: Looking forward to trying it.
    Recop is going ok I guess. Ribs are still a mess but I can feel the c-bone fusing back together. :gag: Did manage to get the new dropper installed and one handed I might add. :whistling: Dropping the DHx2 off at Bike Religion tomorrow to get it bled. Turns out they have the machine that does it. :thumbsup:

@Runs with Scissors I'll ask the rep tomorrow. Are they sponsoring it to begin with?

15. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Dunno. But from the sound of it I want to try it!

16. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Finally - you want to try something in Laguna! Be careful - next thing you know, you might ride a trail out here. o_O

17. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Many things are possible. :sneaky:

18. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    3 week update on gimp like situation for those interested. I got x-rays done last monday as the doctor requested. I had to get them done back at Mission Hospital and it was pleasent experience surprisingly. That hospital has gotten a lot better than in years past. Once they sent the report back to my doctor she called on thursday to give me the update. I was optimistic because I have been taking really good care of myself. Unfortunately the xrays yielded no progress in healing. o_OI was told to keep doing what I was doing and they'll order another set of xrays in the next couple of weeks.:bang: Obviously not the prognosis I was hoping for. I decided to reach out Sten Kramer who's a well known and respected ortho in the OC area. I'm sure some of you know him or of him. I didn't go into see him but did message him about my situation. He said not to worry and that xrays tend not to show the extent of the healing process and they were done to make sure the displacement hadn't increased. Basically I shouldn't be bummed but continue to remain patient. Fair enough but I wish the doctor had just said that in the first place. Oh well.

On a positive note I did redo my website in my down time. :whistling: Give er a gander and let me know what you characters think. :eek: to-vp.com

Also a 170mm fox 36 Rc2 performance elite thingy you put on the front your mountain bicycle was ordered and should arrive next week. :cool:

One last thing speaking of Fox, if any of you OC locals need work on your fox suspension I highly recommend Meng down at Bike Religion in DP. I had some cavitation in my DHX2 so I took it him to bleed and look over. He did that in the same day and i was charged $40 which is more than fair since he changed the oil and looked everything over. Stoked to know there's local shop close to me that can do fox stuff in house. :thumbsup:

Shred on...without me for now and I hate all of you for that...:gag:
    Taylor

19. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I think you take way better pictures than I do...:notworthy:

20. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    haha! I wouldn't know, don't think I've seen any of your photos. ;)

21. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
  22. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    I missed that shot for sure. Very cool and also very jealous!

23. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Keep your head in it, Taylor. You got it, man. Just when you think progress is not, it is or will be. Keep up the good work!

24. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    I'm staying positive Mike. Thanks buddy!

25. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    My fracture is a non-union, displaced 10-15 mm near the sternum. Happened in 2013, took 7 weeks off from riding, and I haven’t looked back since. Good luck on a speedy recovery!

26. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    @DangerDirtyD Thanks! My first break back in 2009 was much worse than this one. Hoping for the same recovery time as previously which was about 8 weeks from my recollection.

27. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    MMMMMmmm. chicken and liver treats with Wyoming Whiskey!

Nice shots, sir. I won't tell anyone you once used a drone in Laguna Beach.

Now keep healing!

28. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    ha! There are actually some shot taken with the drone in the landscape section. :whistling:

Mikie, Danmtchl, Old&InTheWay and 3 others like this.
  29. Makoto

Makoto Member

Name:
    Mike
    Hope your healing is going well. I was scrolling thru instagram and my eye was caught by this photo. Pretty sure it's your shot @tbarnesarc . Nice work! (and a great bike....)

IMG_4495.PNG

30. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    @Makoto Yup! that's my shot. Ibis grabbed it from VitalMtb's Daily Shot posted earlier. Tony Zentil of Fix MFG is the rider.

Vitalmtb DS.JPG

Mikie, kioti, Danmtchl and 5 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?