Anyone know this guy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cornholio, Apr 6, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Just an observation that there seems to be a common theme with the large groups in county parks on weekends. Groups of 20+ make us, mountain bikers, look bad.

Obsidian and mtnbikej like this.
  2. TheBennyHillSlow

TheBennyHillSlow Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Ben
    Current Bike:
    Bike
    Wow, I’m disappointed where this thread is heading. From watching some of his other videos, his group is pretty diverse.
    Yes, I do agree that he shouldn’t be posting the secret trails name all over the social media.

MrGreedom and konakc like this.
  3. RS VR6

RS VR6 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lee
    Current Bike:
    Banshee Shartfire/Chiner 29r
    So what if a large group of not Asian mountain bikers show up? Is that ok...or are the Asians the only ones that make "mountain bikers" look bad?

konakc and littlewave like this.
  4. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc

5. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    My life aint the same... since my trip to murrieta...

mtbMike and kioti like this.
  6. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    I was riding oaks one weekday... had the place all to myself...glorious day.. i was hauling on barhnam trying to keep speed to drop chutes when a big group of white dudes were chatting .. one fool had his bike perpendicular to the trail.. no clue...slowed down n went around.. what a tool..

mtnbikej likes this.
  7. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    See - now doesn't that help the description? How big was the group? Probably not over 8. Most white guys don't have more than 7 friends. It's an ethnic fact!

8. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    I should have deleted white bc that had nothing to do w him being a fool...
    Just dont block the trail...

mtnbikej likes this.
  9. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Shouldn't the pros be setting by example and not posting videos or names in the first place? Much less even riding them.
    IMO the trails are being ridden regularly, the rangers know, it ain't gonna stop, so let er roll!

Now right next to my house a developer recently put up multiple no trespassing signs saying it is protected area. Then proceeded to rip up the trails with a ditch witch, cut down lots of native bushes and cactus to cover the trails. Effectively making them un-passable. Maybe that will be the result of the posting of off menu trails. However once the 1000+ homes are built and the crews leave.. :whistling:

10. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    Hey hertz dont u sleep?
    Yeah i got sleep issues too...

11. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Like a baby! (I wake up every two hours screaming for attention.) :whistling:

OK, in reality, I slept from 10:30 pm to 6:30 am last night. But while I am home and awake, this lovely little website is constantly at my fingertips. It's an obsession. :confused:

UPSed, jimbowho, MrGreedom and 6 others like this.
  12. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    Haha..man i wish i could ride today...

13. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Because they can relate better on a cultural level?

RS VR6, Fueledbyex8 and Danimal like this.
  14. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg

Here’s what I have to say about that....yesterday, a couple of my buddies and I were riding front side on Mt.Wilson. We were leapfrogging with a large group (25ish) of guys, Philippino I think. One of our group went down pretty hard and not one of those guys didn’t stop to check on him and our group. They offered what medical aid they could, coban tape and ointment and even made sure we all made it down to Inspiration Point, then directed us to the fire road to get down to JPL. They were definitely having a good time and stood out to me as good trail stewards.

That may not be how everyone does it, but, to those guys a big thank you from me and my friends.

RS VR6, kioti, mtbMike and 6 others like this.
  15. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    I love riding by myself
    I love riding in a big group..

Solitude
    Comraderie

Nothing like seeing a hawk land near u
    Nothing like seeing all the grins after new dirt ride

DBMX119, Mikie, Fueledbyex8 and 5 others like this.
  16. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    The difference is, not one white guy read that and said to themselves "What does being "White" have to do with anything?" Good effort though.

The large group being referenced (the one I know of anyway) is SOCMTBR on Facebook, and they usually roll about 90% Asian. I follow them on FB specifically to try and make sure I ride somewhere other than their weekend group rides, because if you run into them on the trails it sucks.

17. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    That's great, but how did the hikers coming up the hill enjoy the group of 25 coming down?

I'm just asking for situational awareness. Illegal trails, social media posts, irritating other trail users, wear and tear on trails, noise, disruption... that all goes back to the two points of this thread - don't post illegal trails on social media by name, and don't invade multi-use parks in large groups on a weekend. Be aware of your impact on others - period.

MrGreedom, mtnbikej and Obsidian like this.
  18. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    We see that pack of guys down here in San Diego on occasion. I've seen them 2-3 times out on Big Laguna (above Nobel Canyon). Mostly guys in their 20's-30's but usually have a few ladies along and a few older guys. They may have nothing to do with Danny on the OP as they are all out there on what appears to be a mellower ride. I've definitely never seen them hammering down and/or creating havoc. As mentioned above by krispy, all nice guys based on my limited experience and they always comment on my bike as I ride by. I didn't see them out there yesterday, plenty of hikers though.

1E269676-E1F0-4698-AFD0-62AD8CD4134F.jpeg

19. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    From watching them ride, then group up at open spots, they never rode as a “herd”. They would split up into groups of about 5 and head off. Every time I saw them near hikers, they were either dismounted or off to the side talking with the hikers. Like I said, not everyone does things the same way, but these guys represented our community well every time I saw them.

konakc, Redman, Fueledbyex8 and 5 others like this.
  20. Why ar
    Just like when every high school cross country running team in SoCal is at mammoth training, the trails become unhikeable and unrideable

21. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    As I said, there’s all types who do this but predominantly one group. You must partake in those mass rides since you’re worked up about it.

If I were to be racist then I probably wouldn’t be married to a Mexican. Snowflakes are awesome

doublewide and Obsidian like this.
  22. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    In the end, please don’t post trail names in your videos if said trails aren’t on menu. That’s all. :thumbsup:

23. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    So, don't ride illegal trails and you won't have anything to post up about them. That kind of posting goes on here on this forum, in words more so than video (comma), but the dude who I guess is the original subject of this thread just happens to be prolific with posting videos on utube (yes, dumb to put the trail names in the title). Are we all going to be banned from the parks because of that? I still believe the rangers know all the illegal trails, see the tire tracks (as well as footprints from hikers) leading into them, and could enforce closure if they wanted to. We've seen them do it on Marie's, and before Lizard was officially opened rangers parked at the bottom handing out tickets. If it bothers you to see this guy's vids I don't know what to tell you, confront him, tell him not to do it, don't look at them but I bet someone else will do it if he doesn't. Ego booster? I don't know. The Schley videos someone posted are good example. Why have an amateur do it when a pro can...

Big groups in parks on weekends... I've seen way more large hiking groups than large mountainbiker groups. If you go there on the weekend you have to expect it. Why would you go there if it's going to bother you? Not gonna change. The big hiker groups are actually a bit more difficult than bikers to me, because it takes longer for them to go through, and we have to yield to them so we (should) be on the side of the trail saying hello anyway. If the bikers are courteous and yield there is no rule against them riding in big groups and I see nothing wrong with it. I've not seen hikers complain about it either. I'd rather take a 5 minute break to let them all pass than to have to stop 10 times for 3 or 4 different sets of riders.

I follow SOCMTBR on FB, as well as AMTR. Have never ridden one of their coordinated rides, but have racially diverse friends that do. The "ethnicity" talk is just... I can't even imagine someone believes that crap anymore. This is off the SOCMTBR FB page explaining their goal:
    About This Group
    "Mountain Biking is not only a fun sport. It became a bridge to unite all riders from all levels, regardless of race, gender, religion, ethnic or cultural background. Where togetherness and socializing are everything." Description SOCMTBR bring together the spirit of mountain biking, lifestyle and friendship. Feel free to create events and share your mountain biking activities such as mtb videos, mtb events, trails info, selling your gear or bike, discussion, etc. GUIDELINES: - RESPECT EACH OTHER. - NO INSULTS. - NO TRASH COMMENTING. - NO RELIGIOUS POSTING. - NO POLITICS. - NO BRAND BASHING. - NO BUSINESS ADS. *** Failure to follow these guidelines may result in disciplinary such as REMOVE or BAN from the group! We just want to ride, enjoying the friendship, support each other and be happy. Happy trails!

Not trying to preach to the choir. Seriously, Happy Trails.

24. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Cool, post away guys. I’ll agree to disagree and bow out if this one.

Taking a hiatus from the internet does wonders.

DangerDirtyD, kioti and herzalot like this.
  25. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Thanks for the post Dave. I do appreciate the defense of a group of guys wanting to have fun.

I will only defend this element. I can't control big groups of hikers. But as trail access goes, mtb is at the bottom of the totem pole, and all of those hikers can easily band together to kick us all out. So, yes, I will continue to advocate against large groups of mt. bikers in busy multi-use parks on weekends. Hikers aren't going to kick out hikers, but many are chomping at the bit to get rid of us two-wheeled nuisances.

Cornholio and Obsidian like this.
  26. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Ha, on weekends in aliso after 9 am i can barely tell where one group ends and another begins.
    Man, i love my midweek days off!

27. RS VR6

RS VR6 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lee
    Current Bike:
    Banshee Shartfire/Chiner 29r
    I don't really do group rides. I've got a couple friends that I like to ride with.

Pinoys are one group of people that always know how to have a good time...no matter what they are doing...and no...I'm not Filipino.

I have a friend that's a white guy...and he's married to a Filipino. He constantly makes Asian jokes. My girlfriend was getting pretty agitated. She kept asking me how his wife puts up with it.

konakc, Redman and Cyclotourist like this.
  28. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    So guys...
    The above is pretty much the policy of imtbtrails as well. Only difference is I blow my own policies from time to time.
    America is so sensitive when it comes to race and stuff. You can make fun of me all day, I can laugh at myself.
    I laid off on the heavy moderation hand as we were self patrolling our selves really well.

If we were to be out of hand I would have to love on folks in the right direction. This Site will always be a safe positive place to hang out or I would shut it down in a heart beat. Just sayin', Love yo fellow Mountain Biker! :)

29. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    Ooooo busted. I am gonna go ride my bikes for 7 days. You guys think about what you did and we will talk when I get home. :sneaky:

43840.jpeg

herzalot, Mikie, Old&InTheWay and 9 others like this.
  30. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    What are those menacing-looking things in the back of your truck?

Mikie, Old&InTheWay, kioti and 2 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?