Intense Cycles Demo Day - The Path Tustin

Discussion in 'Demo Events' started by Aviatrix, Mar 10, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Aviatrix

Aviatrix Member

Name:
    Kelly
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I wonder what's in it for the shop now that Intense sells bikes directly to the consumer.

Thanks for posting.

Grassblade23, mtnbikej and Cornholio like this.
  3. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Isn’t there some sort of service plan/agreement with the dealers who carry them that would steer owners to their shops? Not sure what that means for the shops but I remember reading a blurb about the need for dealers still.

mtnbikej likes this.
  4. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    Yes, Intense provides a prepaid basic level service agreement when you buy rider direct, and The Path is one of the dealers. Basically 30 day adjustments, bike fit, bike assembly if necessary, etc.

Not real sure what they get out of the demo days though. This is at least the 2nd one The Path has done since Intense went rider direct, so they still clearly have a strong relationship.

Plus the dealers have good connections in case you break an upper pivot linkage in the first month of owning it ... :cautious:

mtnbikej and herzalot like this.
  5. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    BYOP's (bring your own SPD's?)

6. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    if that happened they would need to take the carcas back or watch the video of it being crushed in a 30,000 lb press.

mtnbikej likes this.
  7. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    My guess: The shop gets service and accessories revenue, a small delivery fee, and they don’t have to carry inventory. If the shop still has to tie up capital in inventory then it’s a bad deal.

Obsidian and mtnbikej like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?