MWBA's response to IMBA's recent actions

Discussion in 'Trail Advocacy' started by Erik H, Jan 11, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Erik H

Erik H Member

Name:
    Erik Hillard
    A few of you have asked me about MWBA's stance on what IMBA has been doing lately. I greatly appreciate everyone who participated in our recent survey. Our letter to IMBA is included in this new website article by our President, Jenny Johnson.

https://mwba.org/news/mwbas-response-imbas-testimony-hr-1349/

herzalot, MattB, Cisco Roots and 14 others like this.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    @Erik H - MWBA !
    I read it. I like it. I support it. I commend MWBA.

imtbtrails supports the MWBA decision and their position.
    Well written and to the point.
    Please keep us in the loop as to anything we can do to support our position.

Thank you Erik, and please thank Jenny for me!
    She continues to rock!

Mikie

herzalot, MattB, Obsidian and 8 others like this.
  3. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    It's fine that MWBA continues to support IMBA. But has their actions affected the degree to which MWBA supports and donates to them? Maybe there should be discussion of reallocation of funds. Supporting another large biking advocacy group in addition, putting more money into local projects, and ultimately reducing how much of our funds are funneled into IMBA as a result of their diminishing vision of access progression.

4. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I think this is an excellent point. Choking funding is a red alert and gets the attention of any organization and focuses them on the will of the people.
    Great point! @MrGreedom !

5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    No gray areas or possibility for misinterpreting that response... :thumbsup:

6. Erik H

Erik H Member

Name:
    Erik Hillard
    The majority of MWBA funding comes from the Pancake Breakfast event. Only official membership dues are shared with IMBA. The cut has changed from 60/40 to 50/50 greatly due to our complaints and personally I'm very happy IMBA adjusted that. All raffle income and other direct donations go direct to MWBA and nothing heads to IMBA.

7. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    So renewing your MWBA membership at the pancake b-fast keeps all your dues local?

Mikie and Cyclotourist like this.
  8. Erik H

Erik H Member

Name:
    Erik Hillard
    No, official memberships are shared 50/50 with IMBA if you purchase the official MWBA-IMBA "membership" online or at Pancake. We do offer the option of people donating the same amount as a "local only" option at Pancake; however, that does not get you any of the official membership "benefits" from IMBA. All raffle ticket income stays 100% local.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?