Uploading pics from an Ipad

Discussion in 'Forum Related' started by pperrelle, Nov 19, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    Ever since I upgraded to the new IOS, I cannot upload pictures directly from an Apple device. I did read that Apple changed the picture format, but that it was supposed to convert to a jpg when sharing. If I e-mail the pic to my Windows based laptop, they show as a jpg and I can upload them there. @Mikie , any thoughts?

2. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    You mean it doesn’t work if you hit the “Upload a File” button and chose your pic from there? I was able to do it from mine and I have the latest software update. Maybe I misunderstood what you are having an issue with though.
    6C1BB1DC-7B13-4C18-AFC9-27F764C434AD.jpeg

Faust29, kioti, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  3. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    I have read about people having problems since the new update, including picture uploads. I haven’t have had those problems myself. Just uploaded a pic of my new Electra Super Moto the other day no problem.549B942A-C7DE-49B9-9442-89416547CFA3.jpeg

Faust29, kioti, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  4. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    Must be something on my end then and on the iPhone. I just did a screenshot of the error on the IPad and it let me upload that. Below is the message that I am getting when trying to upload a picture taken from my iPhone while using the iPad.

IMG_0001.PNG

5. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Now that you mention the iPhone pic being uploaded from the iPad I have had issues in the past where I would get errors like that. Sometimes I would screenshot the pic from the device I was using and it would fix the issue but other times I’d get the same error. Technology sucks, I want 1990 back.

Faust29, kioti, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  6. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    Just did a test and tried to upload the pic directly from the iPhone and it worked. Apparently something is happening when my photo library on the iPad syncs with the iPhone.

7. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

When you take a pic on the Iphone.....it takes a still pic and it takes a "live" pic....I noticed one gets transfered at a pic, and the other gets transfered at a movie. Make sure you aren't trying to upload the movie as a pic?

Faust29, Mikie, pperrelle and 2 others like this.
  8. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Good point, I’ve noticed that even though I turn that darn live thing off it reverts back to being turned on. Probably why my screenshot workaround works.

Only cool thing about live pics is you can swipe up while viewing it in the camera roll and edit it to be a loop which was funny for a pic of my daughter in her little swing thingy.

Edit: that’s it! I was able to load the non-live version but the live picture got the same exact error as OP.

6F7E1783-F605-432D-8121-A17770811C07.jpeg

Old&InTheWay, Faust29, kioti and 7 others like this.
  9. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    I actually have that function disabled on the IPhone. Going to play around with the IPhone settings and see if I can get it to work. It used to work fine before the IOS upgrade, so I'm guessing it has something to do with that.

10. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Beautiful kiddo! Congrats! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like the "chill" hands behind the head thing.

Cornholio, Danmtchl and Mikie like this.
  11. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I can do it with my iPhone and I believe that I have the current update, iOS11.1. Never been an issue.

@pperrelle, do you have an iPhone or another Apple product to try it on? Maybe it's just a matter of settings on your iPad?

Danmtchl, mtnbikej and Mikie like this.
  12. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Hey I was going to mention the same thing, also noticed your avatar... :thumbsup:

Cornholio, Danmtchl and mtnbikej like this.
  13. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    That error is telling me that the extension is not one that the forum recognizes. That would be odd as most are set up. Do you know what the extension of your iPad pics are? I would think .jpeg .png or at least .gif. If it's a new extension let me know and I can see what I need to do to add it.

14. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Any chance that the offending photos were taken with a camera app other than the stock iPhone camera app? I get that error when I use "645 Pro" to take pictures. I have to export them to Snapseed or another editor and then re-export as JPG. I believe it's a holdover from the days when Macs didn't need or use file extensions. I may be wrong...

15. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    Well, it must have been something specific to my IPad. My wife gave me a new IPad Pro 10.5 yesterday for our anniversary. :thumbsup: I just tried to upload the same picture from this IPad and it worked.

Mikie, Danmtchl and mtnbikej like this.
  16. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    Pics were taken through the normal IPhone camera, but it looks like the issue was with my IPad. All is well now with the new IPad.

Old&InTheWay, Mikie, Danmtchl and 2 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?