WTB Youth Mountain Bike for my 8yr old

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Fanatic, Jan 30, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Fanatic

Fanatic Member

Name:
    Aaron Brooks
    Current Bike:
    Rocky Mountain Altitude 70RSL
    I am looking for a Specialized Hotrock or something similar for my 8yr old daughter. I am either going to sell an Eastern BMX bike on CL or am willing to trade if anyone is interested.

Post up if anyone wants to offload a bike.

Thanks,

Aaron

2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Good luck getting tooled up, Aaron.

A couple of people have scoured the boards here in the not too distant past for good kids bikes, so the pickings may not be what they were. But you know there's just the right bike hiding in someone's garage that could use some new life... hey, don't be hoarding, now... :stop:

BTW, thanks to Craig @CalEpic for the two bikes he got in the hands of my buddy Mark for his two rats some months ago. Those kids love their new bikes, and they've been riding the crap out of them. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bikes for all, I say!

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  3. siata94

siata94 Well-Known Member

Name:
    siata
    Current Bike:
    lazy goat
    Aaron, I have a Trek 820 size XS that my son no longer rides. It shifts and brakes but it's not a looker. Let me know if that might interest you, I can send pics. He'd ask for donations toward his HS volleyball team (they need to raise $10K).

Fanatic, mike and DangerDirtyD like this.
  4. Fanatic

Fanatic Member

Name:
    Aaron Brooks
    Current Bike:
    Thank you for the replies and PM's. I will have my daughter sit on my son's specialized XS and see if she fits on that size bike. I also have a BMX bike and a Topeak Bike rack that I am willing to work into a deal if people are interested.

IMG_0488.JPG

IMG_0489.JPG

The rack is like new and has 2 bike holders.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FIE4WC/?tag=imtbtrails-20

IMG_0490.JPG
    The BMX bike is an eastern with Diatech Brakes and a double wall front rim. It is nothing special...Just a fun camping bike that is ready to get thrashed.

mike likes this.
  5. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Bump for tooling up the kids. Our future...let them be dirt riders!!!!!!!!

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  6. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    My son has XTC jr i am planning on getting rid of soon. It looks brand new, because he didnt ride it that much.

mike and Runs with Scissors like this.
  7. Fanatic

Fanatic Member

Name:
    Aaron Brooks
    Current Bike:
    I found a hotrock 20" on CL for a good deal, so I am going to check that out tomorrow. I got a PM for a Scott Spark 24 that I am interested in too...I swear that I am turning into a bike hoarder...

@Danmtchl what size wheels are on the XTC jr? How much are you asking for it? I would rather keep my money in the forum if you are interested in selling.

...I just noticed that you are in Bakersfield...That might be too far of a trek unless you are in L.A. on occasion.

mike and Runs with Scissors like this.
  8. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    mike likes this.
  9. Fanatic

Fanatic Member

Name:
    Aaron Brooks
    Current Bike:
    Thanks for the update. I will check the Hotrock tomorrow and post up if it falls through.

Thanks.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?