WTB - 29r Wheelset - 15x100 - 12x142

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Ebruner, Feb 9, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Ebruner

Ebruner Well-Known Member

Name:
    Erik Bruner
    Current Bike:
    22' Nomad, 22' Trance x 29
    I'm searching for a budget 29r wheelset for a friend. I'm looking for something in the 1700-1900g range if possible. Pretty flexible on specs other then axle size. Non boost 15x100 and 12x142. XD driver if possible or convertible. If you have anything you want to offload please let me know.

Thanks

2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
  3. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    littlewave and UPSed like this.
  4. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I hear ya, there's always a way to do it cheaper....but gotta factor in: If you build me a wheelset do I get a warranty? Can you build me a wheelset with a sealed rim for that same price - because I really like sealed rims for simplicity of tubeless set up. And so on.

I compared prices between my Mavic wheelset and others and found they're pretty comparable since they're almost always on sale somewhere. That's why I ended up buying them.

DangerDirtyD and Faust29 like this.
  5. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

If I build up a wheel and the rim breaks due to manufacturing defect, it has a warranty. If the hub fails, it has a warranty. Mavic won't warranty those wheels if you knock them out of true or start breaking spokes.

Sealed rims.....ehhhh, overrated. They take longer to build. Traditional spokes/rims can be built and taped in less time. In 6 years of running tubeless, I have yet to get a flat caused by failed tape.

If you take your bike on a trip and break a spoke....good luck finding one at a LBS.

@Faust29 got his 350/ARC 27's for $450.

However, I think @Ebruner is looking for something lower cost.....perhaps?

6. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    $450 for a quality wheel set that is going to last and perform admirably is a great value.

7. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I absolutely love the ARCs... I was a believer after rolling 6+ miles down the Trabuco wash with a flat rear tire, and then another mile and a half on the pavement. And it's still straight.

As far as this thread goes, though... I'd look for a site that has lower level takeoffs. Colorado Cyclist often has them. The original i25 Chameleon wheels were going for $120, but they don't have any in stock right now. I looked...

DangerDirtyD and SnakeCharmer like this.
  8. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Yep, I'm digging mine too.

But, try not to let that happen again. o_O

Faust29 likes this.
  9. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    Uhh most of us can't / do not build our own wheels... Or Or perhaps I should say I would not ride on a pair of Wheels I built.:gag:

@Faust29 did you get those 350/ARCs from Colorado Cyclist? I have got a few wheels built by them.. always been happy

DangerDirtyD, herzalot and Faust29 like this.
  10. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Yes... They were takeoffs with 350 hubs. Very happy with them.

DangerDirtyD and bvader like this.
  11. Torrent77

Torrent77 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    [​IMG] I have a set of Spinergy xyclone available (appr 1724g) in 15x100:12x142. PM me if you want more details.

12. Torrent77

Torrent77 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?