Which BB92 GXP Threaded for SRAM?

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by ULEWZ, Mar 23, 2018.

1. ULEWZ

ULEWZ Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lew
    Current Bike:
    2015 Intense Tracer Pro Carbon
    I have been researching this for days and thought I would ask the brain trusts here.
    After riding the latest Funky Cold Mud-dina last Sunday, I took my BB apart to clean and relube, and low and behold, my bearings are getting notchy. So I decided to get a threaded BB to keep the creaking down to a minimum. That decision was easy, now the hard part. Which one of the following should I buy (am thinking the Wheels Manufacuring brand will be a good value, but also considering the Token Ninja):
    Here are the Wheels Manufacturing products:

BB86/92 Ceramic Hybrid BB for 24/22mm (SRAM) Cranks ($125)
    BB86/92 Angular Contact BB for 24/22mm (SRAM) Cranks ($74)
    BB86/92 ABEC-3 BB for 24/22mm (SRAM) Cranks ($52)

Which one lasts the longest, the prices range from $125/$74/$52 respectively?
    Is the ceramic hybrid worth the extra price?
    Is the angular contact a better bet than the ABEC-3?

TOKEN Thread Fit Ceramic Bottom Bracket BB86/BB89.5/BB92 SRAM GXP (Threaded) ($98.23)
    TOKEN Thread Fit Bottom Bracket BB86/BB89.5/BB92 to SRAM GXP 22-24mm (Threaded) ($59)

2. Danmtchl

Danmtchl MTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2015 Devinci Troy Carbon 27.5
    I have the Wheels Manufacturing BB for the GXP and it works great. Just did the maintenance on it and they still feel great and going on 2+ years.

I have the middle one on the top section ($74)

3. ULEWZ

ULEWZ Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lew
    Current Bike:
    2015 Intense Tracer Pro Carbon
    Thanks, researched and then purchased said angular bearing bb. Comes next Friday. Hope my foundation tool kit from jensonusa.com has a 16 tooth bb wrench!

Danmtchl likes this.