Trek 24 Kids Mountain Bike (Full Shimano XT)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by velorider562, May 15, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. velorider562

velorider562 Newbie

Name:
    John
    Current Bike:
    Cannondale Scaple
    Finally found a 27.5 that fits my son, so its time to sell his current 24" Trek. This isn't the typical off the showroom floor 24" Trek. Everything has been upgraded, a complete 2x9spd XT drivetrain with custom laced wheelset with 9spd XT hubs. The cranks have been custom modified to 152mm arms with unior steel thread inserts. Shimano derailleurs offer 2 spring tension settings, the default setting is the lighter spring action, but due to the shorter chain stays on a 24 the higher spring tension reduces chain drop. Read move about it on Park Tools website. This bike is meant to be ridden and ridden hard. There a very few options for real ripper at this size.

He's is currently 4'8" and at the upper limit of fitting this bike.

My son rides Luge, Whittening, Meadows @Aliso Wood, El Moro, Brown Mountain, El Prieto, Westridge @Snow Summit and Mammoth. The bike has survived them all.

Spec:
    Rear Derailleur: XT Shadow
    Front Derailleur: XT
    Front/Rear Hubs: XT
    Shifters: XT 9spd
    Crankset: XT Hollowtech 22/38 (Custom Modified 152mm)
    Cassette: XT 12-36
    Headset: Cane Creek Sealed Bearings
    Fork: RST Corsa (50mm travel) aluminum steer tube
    Stem: Bontrager Race Lite
    Handlebars: Bontrager Riser, 31.8mm, 15mm rise
    Brake Lever: Avid 7

The bike has been ridden regularly so there are a few paint stretches. The downtube has a more serve scratch, see picture. Nothing effecting the integrity of the frame. I'm asking $450, or make a reasonable offer for a good home for a future ripper.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?