The Moment Mountain Bike Movie

Discussion in 'Videos' started by tbarnesarc, Dec 14, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. tbarnesarc

tbarnesarc Well-Known Member

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    If any of you have the chance to check The Moment out while it's on tour I would definitely do so.

I had the opportunity to view a private screening of the movie last night at the Irvine Spectrum theaters. It's an extremely entertaining watch. It turns out that the history of the freeride mountain bike scene is quite hilarious yet so gnarly at the same time.

I went into the movie with low expectations and walked out after viewing the film with a huge nostalgic smile on my face. Darcy truly did a great job of visual story telling. She captured those characters in a delightful manner yet was able to convey how crazy that group of riders were.

Greg Stump also plays a prominent role in the film which was surprising to me. He definitely added to the over all vibe of the film as did Christian Begin. Those two alone will have you dying of laughter.

One last tidbit was the riders in attendance; Schley obviously, but Simmons, Shandro, Vanderham, and even the photo god himself, Sterling Lorence were in attendance.

Definitely a night I will remember for a long time to come.

Shred on,

Taylor

2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I still have a slight man-crush on Vanderham. I was giddy as a schoolgirl when I was "sandwiched" between Shandro and Vanderham in line for a bagel or something at Girabaldi Sports a few years ago.

I'll check out the movie. I typically love Darcy Wittenburg's work.

EDIT: Just saw that it was the female rider Darcy Turrene. She's cool. Didn't know she was doing film.

3. tbarnesarc

tbarnesarc Well-Known Member

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Ha! I remember that story about Vanderham and Shandro.

According to Richie it will be available in some form this April; possibly on netfilx, amazon or itunes. He was also taking about trying to do a Laguna premiere with Tippie but hasn't figured it out yet.

herzalot likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?