The Eagles

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by 7Mary3, Aug 14, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. 7Mary3

7Mary3 Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Current Bike:
    LaPierre Zesty 427 650b
    ..announced they will be going on tour..so far only tour dates are in the east..anyone excited? Glen Frey's son (Deacon) looks eerily similar to his dad.

SnakeCharmer and mike like this.
  2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Love their music, but I do not do concerts.

SnakeCharmer, Redman and mike like this.
  3. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Sorry I thought this thread was gonna be about eagles seen out on a ride.

4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Okay, General but not about 12-speed...

I give the band props for doing some good things with their money. And for giving Joe a job. But these son stand-ins like Wolfgang for Mike Anthony have not produced anything noteworthy. Jason as Bonzo? No again.

It's a shame that so many of the great former players (like, all of them?) from the band are blacklisted. Instead they get some kid because he looks like dad and has his name? Bullshit on that. It's a pro touring act, not an adoption agency. F the Eagles.

Back on topic:

http://www.ousleycreative.com/misc/eagle.mov

tick, Redman, rossage and 1 other person like this.
  5. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball

Tell us how.you really feel @mike !

One time at the fair, Frank Sinatra Jr. was billed as "Singing all his Father's greatest hits"....damn!

I saw the Eagles play several times. Once, they had Joe Walsh and Timothy B Schmidt and even Linda Ronstadt playing with them.
    No kids.
    Ha ha!

6. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    More candor: I like most of the Eagles' music. :)

7. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Our very own imtbtrails desperado in colorado. Who says, 'you can never leave.'

herzalot, mike and rossage like this.
  8. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    I've seen the Eagles a couple of times. Most recent was the Classic West at Dodger Stadium.

Awesome show even without Glenn Frey. His son sounds quite a bit like him but it was not the same. It was a cool way to honor Frey and a sentimental moment.

Vince Gill, however was great. He did a lot of the leads on Frey's songs. He has been doing Eagles songs for years so he was a good pick. Great guitar player too, so that helps. I don't know if they will have Gill perform on future tours but it would be a smart move if they did.

If you have watched "Hell Freezes Over" etc. it is obvious the Frey was a perfectionist. Henley is too so when you heard the Eagles live they were incredibly crisp and as close to perfection as possible. They were pretty close to that at Dodger Stadium. Time will tell if they can keep it up.

If I get a chance I'll pay to see them again - Joe Walsh playing guitar is almost worth the price of admission by himself.

mike likes this.
  9. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    No concerts?! :eek:

The craziest concert I ever attended was the US Festival (Heavy metal day) in 1983.

Naked chicks everywhere. Drug dealers carrying billboards around advertising what the were selling, and or yelling out things like "Mushrooms for sale!". People partying hard all over. We stayed the night to tailgate before the concert. I have never seen so many Jack Daniels bottles in one place in my life. I swear, every car there had alcoholic beverages or bottles covering every inch of flat surface. At least 250K people there. Absolute craziness!

Runs with Scissors and mike like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?