Tech Ride. Saturday, April 4th, 8am. Aliso.

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by shawndoh, Mar 31, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. shawndoh

shawndoh Well-Known Member

Name:
    shawn
    Current Bike:
    I ride all the bikes!
    Howdy all. I'm leading a group ride this Saturday, for Pure Ride Cycles... MOST of you would all be welcome though... :lol:

Advanced ride- we are gonna ride more of the tech stuff. Drop in at 5 Oaks, over to Mentally Sensitive, down Car Wreck, down Lynx.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/events/949730701704822/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/events/949730701704822/</a>

carwreck.jpg

2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Where is this Aliso of which you speak?

Am I welcome, or am I the exclusion you meant when you said MOST? I'm not a fan of Mentally Sensitive, but I suppose I could struggle down it again. I do need to get Car Wreck dialed. For as often as I ride there, I rarely ride CW. My buddies don't like it.

:thumbup:

3. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Out of honest curiosity, what's not to like? I have not been there yet so I really don't know... :D

4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Mentally Sensitive is mostly just steep and rutted which doesn't allow any flow or speed - at least not for me. It's a challenge in the same way that walking down a gravelly steep trail in Keds is a challenge. Meanwhile Meadows is right there - a trail that can be super flowy and fast. It's not techy or gnar, but it's pure face-hurting-cuz-of-smiling fun. To each his own. I will ride MS when the group is. Car Wreck on the other hand can be extremely challenging AND flowy, fast fun. My friends don't ride it because it's pretty tough, and has been known to induce endos.

5. shawndoh

Name:
    shawn
    Current Bike:
    I ride all the bikes!
    Come on out. I rode MS Sunday and it's just fine. I felt the same about the ruts, but it seems like they really have not been an issue the last year or so.

6. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Name:
    Craig
    Current Bike:
    '14 Turner Burner
    I'm with herzalot on this one. Why ride MS when Meadows is RIGHT THERE.

That being said I've only ridden MS once and I struggled down it, but Meadows is easily my favorite trail right now (more so than the Luge!) and I'm pretty sure a baby bird dies from sadness each time a rider passes Meadows and heads to MS.

For as much as I ride Aliso, I've only ever done CW once... and it was HAB upwards. Most of my friends speak of CW like a place that only people in full DH rigs/armor go.

(Good luck with the group ride, I'm doing the Pioneertown ride this day so I can't join)

7. Black Licorice

Black Licorice Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Nomad
    Have a great ride guys! I won't be able to ride that day.

Meadows is definitely one of my favorite trails. Fast, fun, flowy, and not scary to open it up and push yourself.

8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Awesome! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've done Car Wreck a half dozen times or more and cleaned it most of the time. It's not a DH rig trail, IMO. I've never seen anyone with a full rig there. Given the nature of the obstacles, I think a slack 29er would do more to help than 8" of squish. See Evil - The Following for example.

The fastest guy I ever saw on CW was riding a Tallboy in lycra shorts with no pads. Heathen...

:wave:

The Following.jpg

9. shawndoh

Name:
    shawn
    Current Bike:
    I ride all the bikes!
    I love Meadows too. Good thing about that area is that both trails start and end pretty close to each other, so it's pretty easy to maintain a group ride with a split and regroup there.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?