Staring at the trails all day....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Derkderkall, Nov 1, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    It's been about a month since I've been on my bike. Taking a temporary hiatus to help out at home with the new kiddo (I figure if my wife can't leave the house for more than an hour, I'll support her and do the same (-work). But damn, been working in Hacienda Heights all week, (sub teaching), currently sitting at Orange Grove M.S. across from one of the Turnbull trail heads... then staring down the San Gabes on the drive home...and can't say I don't cry a little every time I look in that direction! Especially with this cooler weather. Occupying my fixation with singletrack sampler , BKXC, and nate hills vids on youtube... Hopefully soon I'll be back in the saddle. Until then, enjoy your rides!

2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    That's valiant of you. Congratulations on the new addition!

A different perspective of teamwork: You get to take your bike to work and get a ride in, no special trip to TH involved. Then, when she can leave and do things on her own, she gets paid back with interest. :geek:

3. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    That's what I was going to say, can you not trade off baby duty, even for an hour or two? I would think it would help each of you mentally to get some time off to yourself or with friends once a week or whenever.

4. MolarM

MolarM Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    Congrats on the new baby! Good times ahead.
    I’m alumnus of Orange Grove! ‘76-‘78. Rode the crap out of all those hills, every trail. Those were the days when BMX ruled. Turnbull’s got some good trails -go check them out
    Go Ocelots!

mike and DangerDirtyD like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?