Specialized Turbo Levo FSR Expert

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews' started by wheezy, Sep 1, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will Cruise

Will Cruise Newbie

Name:
    William
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 27.5
    Wow! Is this your clinical and medical opinion as an educated healthcare professional?

As a long-time trail steward, I'm in disbelief of what I'm reading.

This is the first time I've read these types of comments. In all fairness, I have printed these comments to share at our meetings to with fellow MTBers.

I'm disappointed.

Mikie likes this.
  2. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley

Agreed. The Rangers and land managers I know are buried in paperwork and rarely have time to get out on the trails. And yeah, Strava is basically hand-delivering evidence to the prosecution. But in Strava's defense, it also documents the need for more trails adjacent to urban areas.

Local retailers also don't help the general mountain-biking community when they promote and sell battery-assisted bikes for use by non-disabled riders on non-motorized trails, as shown in a video on previous thread. As you say, land managers and legislators will have to figure it out. What I'd like to see in the meantime is Wheezy or other disabled riders become advocates for responsible battery-assist riding by riders with disabilities.

I'd like to see a lightening of the bureaucratic burden on park rangers so they CAN get out on the trails. And also on my wish list, I'd love to see at least one mountain-biking ranger in each of our county wilderness parks.

wheezy, DangerDirtyD, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  3. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Will Cruise: "Promoting a synergistic environment where every idea and opinion is heard and considered is the gateway to opening doors to new opportunities," followed by "Wow! Is this your clinical and medical opinion as an educated healthcare professional? As a long-time trail steward, I'm in disbelief of what I'm reading."

So you're OK with differing opinions or you're not. My read on hillbilly's post is that he's in a better place health-wise than he used to be because of mountain biking. Isn't that what you want for yourself and your son?

A battery-assist bike will allow your son to more fully enjoy mountain biking and have a healthy relationship with his father. Most mountain bikers I know would be in favor of that, and grace is sometimes needed in deciphering the true beliefs behind internet, text or other written statements. Please give those of us on this site a little benefit of the doubt, as we truly mean well, and best wishes to you and your son.

4. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    It's a Sunday morning on a holiday weekend with unseasonably cloudy and cool temps... shouldn't we all be out riding bikes?

herzalot, LLPoolJ, noLungs and 6 others like this.
  5. Racer X

Racer X Member

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Kona Explosif
    And miss this great Mary Ann vs Ginger debate??

6. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Mary Ann

Faust29, DangerDirtyD and Mikie like this.
  7. noLungs

noLungs Member

Name:
    Robert
    Current Bike:
    About to flip a coin
    Ginger

Faust29 and Mikie like this.
  8. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
  9. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Awesome!
    Which trail advocacy group are you a part of? I live in Frazier Park and work out in Palmdale. When is your next meeting, I would like to attend.
    Seriously, let me know.
    Mikie

kioti, Faust29 and DangerDirtyD like this.
  10. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Way to restore context @Mikie! You are a good man.

herzalot and Mikie like this.
  11. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    BOTH!

mtnbikej, Luis, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  12. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    image.jpeg
    They are both in high heels, ha ha!

UPSed likes this.
  13. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    To each his own! I'm going with Mary Ann...

14. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Hello William, I think that's great that you are printing and sharing my comments to your fellow MTB'ers! Anything I can do to help buddy :thumbsup:

kioti, DangerDirtyD, LLPoolJ and 4 others like this.
  15. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Well since we get to pick I,guess Gilligan got it right, I'll take em both. :)

16. tortoise

tortoise Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
  17. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I thought I solved this on page 1 of this thread. ;)

http://www.imtbtrails.com/forum/threads/haters-gonna-hate-i-rode-an-ebike.5026/#post-63249

I don't think there are many, if any, on this site or elsewhere that would deprive someone who needed assistance of using that assistance (in a responsible manner). We are all concerned with non bikers throwing e-bikes and pedal bikes into the same category of vehicles to hate and regulate. We worry that people who have no clue and have not worked for years to be ambassadors to the sport, to use proper and over-the-top trail etiquette to spread goodwill among hikers, joggers and equestrians - that these motorized newcomers may undo hard-fought gains. but, the same could be said of stormtrooper DH-ers who bomb down multi-use, multi-directional trails yelling "get out of my way" or something similar.

If bike shops could help educate consumers, that may be a giant step in the right direction.

wheezy, Faust29, hill^billy and 5 others like this.
  18. dstepper

dstepper Member

Name:
    Dean Stepper
    Current Bike:
    2014 Turner Czar
    Just like they try to stop people from riding illegals trails! Right! How often have we seen the Bike Shop van at the top of Telonics shuttling riders.

Dean

19. Will Cruise

Will Cruise Newbie

Name:
    William
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 27.5
    You're not helping and you didn't answer my question. Was that your clinical-medical opinion as an accredited, licensed professional or, an armchair opinion?

Mikie likes this.
  20. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    Th
    I agree with Hill Billy strong minded people usually do well in this world, weak minded ones end up struggling or standing on a freeway exit.

hill^billy, Faust29, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  21. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Will, thanks for stopping by...
    Your question is silly my friend. It's obvious and rhetorical and purposely antagonistic. Having said this site is not for you or your family and your friends, I'm thinking you are not for us either. If you are thinking that this site is harsh, try STR, or mtbr.
    I truly wish you the very best regarding your son.
    Take care,
    Mikie

22. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    I dont think will cruise is real.
    I thought we were going to ride. Conditions were great today. Overcast. Cool. Lots of riders out there.
    Wheezy did u really go up wrongway fenceline at 30 mph on the ebike?

Will if ur real lets ride!

MattB, Faust29, hill^billy and 2 others like this.
  23. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.

You conveniently avoided answering Mikie's questions earlier in the thread, and chose to go after Hillbilly? Mikie offered a real life meeting. A more experienced troll would have dangled some bait, and made Mikie think that there was at least a chance that you were genuine.

As one of those licensed professionals who spent many years working with disabled kids and their parents, I don't believe we have any answers for you on this site. And some free advice for your future troll endeavors. Go with a real name, some small talk, and then ease into your argument. Don't jump in so fast with both feet. Leave some of the boxes unchecked and forget the buzzwords. You flamed out in only 5 posts. Nowhere near the all time troll record.

24. StrandLeper

StrandLeper Well-Known Member

Name:
    Timothy M. Ryan
    Current Bike:
    SC Bronson 1x/Pivot 429 1x xtr
    Why would your disabled son use unnecessary effort for anything? ("Extraneous")

25. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    All
    I would like to close this thread...
    Nothing has depressed me more than the division that EBikes have brought to imtbtrails. I think for the most part all of you have discussed this well.

I would also like to request that we may refrain from further discussions (just a suggestion), and we go ride our bikes.

I'm also going to move this thread to bike reviews, and change the name to the name of the bike. I asked and got permission from my good friend Wheezy.

Thank you so much for your understanding.

Mikie

hill^billy, kioti, ScottV and 6 others like this.