Socal Enduro Series - Vail Lake November 6th

Discussion in 'Racing' started by TomF, Sep 13, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Added to Calendar: 11-06-16
  1. TomF

TomF Member

Name:
    Tom
    Hi all,

In an act of complete lunacy, I've signed up to compete in my first ever enduro race - the Socal Enduro Series at Vail Lake, Temecula, on November 6th (the day after the 6/12 hours of Temecula)

Anyone else competing in this enduro event? Would be more fun do be doing it with a bunch of IMTBers. I'll be in the beginner men category.

Also does anyone have any plans to enter a team into the 6/12 hours of Temecula on the Saturday? I'm tempted to enter it as a duo potentially.

Luis, herzalot, MrGreedom and 4 others like this.
  2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    @Cougar has raced the enduro out there...

Several of us have done the endurance event, and I'll be out there again in November to finish the series in the single speed solo category. There are several ride reports on the forum for the endurance event. Not the same type of race as the enduro, but you can get a sense of the vibe out there. It's a really fun atmosphere...

We usually have the gray Volkswagen SUV with an easy up... Feel free to stop by!

Mikie, Cougar and TomF like this.
  3. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    I think the beginner class better look out. I've ridden with @TomF a couple times now and he's pretty dang fast and certainly not afraid to take chances...

Luis, Mikie, TomF and 1 other person like this.
  4. shawndoh

shawndoh Well-Known Member

Name:
    shawn
    Current Bike:
    I ride all the bikes!
    Last year I did the double. I road a 2 person/6 hr team on Saturday, having an understanding with my team mate, than he would pull the load. I did 3 laps.
    Sunday I road the Enduro in the sport class.

Riding both days was fun, but definitely a compromise.

Mikie and TomF like this.
  5. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Name:
    Craig
    Current Bike:
    '14 Turner Burner
    I have raced it once last year, yes. I really needed to have pre-road it, it was very hard to do blind and I crashed a few times. I enjoy the Rim Nordic enduro series more than this one (5 runs versus 3), but it was well organized and had a decent vibe.

The one tip/trick I can give; is even though the rules say that there is no pre-riding prior to the races that morning, it seemed like half of the guys/gals were pre-riding it anyways. So if you get there early, figure out which is the hardest run and go take a stab at it before the racer meeting. You won't be the only one to do it. Hell people even rode up in 20 minutes, prerode it once and rode back up before the hour transition time allotment was up (although this was only really feasible on the first one).

TomF, herzalot, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  6. TomF

TomF Member

Name:
    Tom
    Thanks for the tips guys. I would never have thought to ride the course beforehand as the rules clearly say not to but then if everyone else is...

7. TomF

TomF Member

Name:
    Tom
    Final call ahead of this Sunday's race. Any other IMTBs going to be there? (Entries are still open, you know you want to...). Any other tips for an Enduro newb?!

8. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

Don't crash. To finish first....you must first finish.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?