So, Dairy Is Evil!

Discussion in 'Health' started by hill^billy, Apr 2, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Yes, I never thought I would ever admit to the statement. Being that most everything I was eating involved a dairy portion.
    Now I don't think I am allergic to dairy , but maybe? My mother in law is, her nose turns red, she will get stuffy with mucus, and it is almost immediately.
    Allow me to backtrack for a moment at the risk of boring you with my life.
    My beautiful wife unfortunatly for her, has some pretty significant stomach issues, we both thought that she could be dying, I was really worried as was she! So the chain of events Michele went through had brought to our attention a woman who we hole heartedly believe saved Michele's life. She specializes in kinesiology (muscle testing) and then uses nutrition to help right your ship. I got to tell you we were more than skeptical! With Lisa Young you are either all in or all out. I have to tell you that Michele has really turned a corner toward being healthy and feeling good again thankfully!
    So why would I go to this woman, I'm not sick? My curiosity got to me and I'm glad it did.
    Among other things Lisa has helped me with, deeper sleep, also my digestion, which according to her I was not digesting my food as well as I should of been being 55 years old at the time, she then gave me some digest pills and I proceeded to gain a wapping 20lbs, I packed on more muscle and and some fat I would imagine, at 5.6 and 178 it made it quite a bit harder to ride up my normal mountains around here, not to mention getting my ass kicked by everyone.
    Finally, 2 weeks ago I was complaining to Lisa that my mountain biking seemed to be suffering from to much weight gain and not much stamina! So Lisa asked me about my dairy intake, to which I had to answer breakfast lunch and dinner! Lisa told me to cut it out or at least cut it way down and let me know how you feel in 2 weeks, so I decided to cut it down, seems like 80% to 90% for these last two weeks, just by doing that I have lost 9lbs. of I think fat, and my stamina and energy level seems to be way way up, this has boosted my work performance and endurance on the job, and I feel better than ever riding the bike, (in two weeks)I have noticed my cardio to have really improved, even seem to be thinking more clearly. So, dairy is evil!

Mikie, Faust29, Redman and 6 others like this.
  2. Oaken

Oaken Well-Known Member

Name:
    CeeJay
    I stopped drinking dairy 25 or so years ago after reading an article about it triggering allergies.
    No more migraines, less allergy issues, improved complexion and weight loss.
    One of the better things I have done - and I used to down a 1/2 gallon in nothing flat in high school. I don't miss it at all.
    Now if I could only stop with the cheese....

Mikie, Faust29, Redman and 3 others like this.
  3. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    dairy products improve my health i think, at least doesnt hurt it. No milk allergies.
    unfortunately im allergic to chocolate and walnuts

Mikie, Faust29, hill^billy and 2 others like this.
  4. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    @hill^billy you want to see even better results? eliminate all processed foods from your diet. Eat only organic. My wife and I just finished a 30 day cleanse. And, what a difference it made. sleeping, energy levels, digesting, mood, etc. Huge difference. Check out http://whole30.com/

Oaken, Mikie, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  5. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
  6. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

I understand we all react differently, my case in point is that I do not believe I am allergic to dairy, or anything else that I at least know of , except for laziness! I'm just saying this nutritionalist told me that we are not set up, or meant to eat dairy products, I also thought that dairy was helping me? I also get that when we are allergic to things like chocolate or nuts (which I believe help me) then we begin to start running out of options and maybe eat what is not good without even knowing it is a set back. Don't get me wrong please, I am human and have not completly cut dairy, and most likley never will, I also enjoy a few beers now and then, moderation is my motto. This dicovery is really interesting cause I just feel better and maybe I forgot what that felt like?

Mikie, Faust29, mtnbikej and 2 others like this.
  7. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I didn't give up dairy completely - I like my pepper jack cheese and it doesn't mess with me - but I did replace 2% milk with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Tastes great, less filling! :geek::thumbsup:

Less cholesterol too.

Mikie, Faust29 and hill^billy like this.
  8. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Dude, I have already done that for a few years, but like I said I am human, and there are some circumstances that are out of ones control, but the big majority of my diet is fresh organic. I also have been led to believe, and believe that when you do trash it every once in a while, even once a week, trashing rev's up the matabolism, It's a shock to the system. I appreciate your info!

Mikie, Faust29, mtnbikej and 2 others like this.
  9. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I stopped drinking milk several years ago. I drink almond milk and it takes so much cleaner. Amazing how your body detoxes. If I drink even 1% milk it tastes like a heavy creamer.

Thanks for the link @Redman. After losing 45 pounds last year I've put back on at least five. I need to get back on track and I think this will help.

10. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    Oaken, hill^billy, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  11. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I don't know if the dairy was the culprit, but on my journey (300 lbs to 205ish) it was one of the first things to get the axe, because of the calorie content. I still count everything to this day and it's been almost 5 years. Cutting the dairy, carbs, and assorted garbage brought me back to life. Better sleeping, more energy, all of it...

Nowadays, I have the occasional piece of cheese, and my big treat is to have a real cappuccino with whole milk and sugar after a really big ride...

Thanks for sharing, Hill^billy!

brian1031, Oaken, hill^billy and 6 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?