Slant Six Pro

Discussion in 'Kenda Tires' started by Mikie, Dec 27, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    image.jpeg
    Kenda Slant Six
    The perfect blend of John Tomac's two most winning tires - The Small Block 8 and the Nevegal.
    • Designed for speed, grip, and cornering assurance; this tire has it all for intermediate to hard-packed terrain
    • Downhill version features 2-ply construction and Stick-E rubber; Cross-country versions feature light-weight single-ply casings and DTC rubber
    • Front and Rear application
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Danmtchl likes this.
  2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I have a couple of 1.8" Kenda Slant Sixes that I put on; when I first got them I couldn't get them on without tearing the tubes, using my tire levers.

So I used my hands, and eventually got them on. I've done two rides on them, and am comparing them to the 2.1" Maxxis Crossmarks that came stock on the bike.

My initial take is that the Kendas grip better, corner better (at least they feel less squirrely, which gives more confidence), roll faster, and all round work better for my type of riding.

It remains to be seen how long they will last - Mtnbikej gives them 4 weeks. :)

3. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    I like the Slant Six a lot. Real good tire for hard pack I ride on. I moved over to Schwalbe when I went tubeless as couldn't find the SS that I wanted easily.

4. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    1.8"???!!?!?!? Holy retro downsize Batman!
    They make rims bigger than that. ~45mm

Danmtchl, Cyclotourist, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I have tried the Slant Six'es and actually liked them for fast rolling smooth flowy Singletrack. They don't handle the chunky terrain as anticipated. For me they wore fast but fun while they lasted.

Also had trouble getting them to seal tubeless as well. Difficult to get them to seal to the rim. Otherwise good tire for a cross country race.

Danmtchl likes this.
  6. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    They are good when they are new......but,

Overnight they go from grip....to slip.

7. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    And I just wore out the rear tire referenced above. Fullerton bikes happened to have one on the rack so I picked it up and installed it today. 2 years....mostly not installed....not bad!! :rolleyes:

Danmtchl and DangerDirtyD like this.
  8. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    I ran one of these on my rear for a while when I was still on the east coast in Canada, with recommendation from the local shop owner. Trails in my hometown are mostly hardpack singletrack, but a lot of roots, some rock. No super steep or sustained downhill sections. Used one for about 8 months here as well, and it seemed to do ok. Definitely better on hardpack than on looser surfaces.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?