Santiago Oaks video -Any Gopro experts have suggestions?

Discussion in 'Video Cameras' started by surftime, Dec 1, 2014.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. surftime

surftime Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    luke
    Current Bike:
    Yelli and a Stump Jumper
    Hi All, had fun making this with the kids yesterday - but the gopro is new to me and honestly I wont be filming ever ride but I do a lot of photography and well adding video to the mix is a good way to keep the memories.

After adding it to YouTube it seems a bit more shaky, dont know why. Any tips on editing and specifically mounts and angles would be greatly appreciated

enjoy - Oaks yesterday in the light rain (yes the park was open and we left the higher trails as soon as it got wet)

[youtube]Q_zFaY0fHGs[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_zFaY0fHGs&feature=youtu.be (edit - seems i cant get the video thumbnail to show correctly so i removed the youtube tags)

2. cranky

cranky Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    T
    Current Bike:
    Yeti ASR5c
    What resolution and FPS did you film in? I think YT will strip out frames if you upload video with more than 30fps, and a high resolution will cause it to compress more resulting in less than HD quality.

3. surftime

Name:
    luke
    Current Bike:
    Yelli and a Stump Jumper
    it was just standard 1080/30 after i compressed the video on my desktop. Shot in 30fps also but want to try something faster next time

4. cranky

cranky Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    T
    Current Bike:
    Yeti ASR5c
    I started to get better quality on YT uploads when I changed to 960/30. I have had better video uploading to Vimeo but they limit the amount of HD uploads.

5. surftime

Name:
    luke
    Current Bike:
    Yelli and a Stump Jumper
    ok thanks ill change it up and maybe try Vimeo

6. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I embedded the video so you can see how it's done. Yes! Mikie cares . . . :thumbup:

Great start! Glad you were able to keep up with the kids... :D

Mikie

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?