Sagebrush Safari

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Sidewalk, Jan 30, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    Anyone know this race? Quick n Dirty event, way out east county San Diego. Area looks beautiful. Has me interested.

http://www.quickndirtymtb.com/sagebrush_safari.html

As I go lookig for the link, I see that Ben Goyette has a video from about 5 years ago. Guess I will try and "research" the video tomorrow night and send him a message about it.

Mikie, Danmtchl, mike and 2 others like this.
  2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Not that one specifically, but there were guys on here who did a different race put on by the Quick and Dirty bunch... If I remember, it looked like a big party.

There was a ride report or two...

3. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Sagebrush goes back to 90s / early 2000s. Went away for a while. It's at Corral Canyon OHV area. It is mostly motorized trail but some really fun stuff. Great place to ride after it has rained.

If you go down for the weekend you can ride Mt Laguna, Cuyamaca or Carrizo Gorge the other day.

4. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Hah,
    Haven’t heard that name in years!
    I won the Cat 1 class the only time I raced it in 1996.
    Great day!

Faust29, mtnbikej and Sidewalk like this.
  5. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    @Sidewalk, I saw your thread regarding the Havasu Havoc over at the other place.

Specialized Purgatory tires are wonderful there. Any tire you have that is similar to the tread pattern of the one I use will keep you rolling well.

Mikie, Sidewalk and Faust29 like this.
  6. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    I'f I get time I will swap on a Nobby Nic on the front. But if I don't, then I think I will be fine with the 2.35 RaRa I have right now. I'm pretty good at getting the bike over onto the big lugs so those tires work pretty well for me unless it is super loose.

I might be getting a Barzo/Mezcal set soon soon. If I do, then I will try those!

Runs with Scissors and Mikie like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?