RR: Suicide, Dead Cow, Heart Attack?

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Mikie, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Mikie

Mikie Admin/MTB Addict

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    As usual... I'm getting harassed about getting a ride report done by the time I drive home from the ride and take a shower...:cautious:

I shot video today...

So I will share with you this:
    It was again a w
    ho's who... We stopped too many times and talk like gossipy girls, Burt borrowed a sweet bike from Tom the Bomb, we should NOT let that happen anymore; in my opinion Suicide kicked all our azz's today to the point that Adam broke his leg ON Suicide and went to the hospital...

I'll work on the vid, the Stats be here:
    suicide.dead.cow.PNG

Suicide:
    Ride started out heavy with overcast thick clouds threatening to rain at any moment. There was one point where water was dripping off my visor. I was thinking of how that was going to affect dropping Suicide.

As always, everyone was in great spirits and awesome to hang out with...

Getting ready to roll... we "started" as 9 riders.
    suicide.1.jpg

Right from the start on Suicide, I felt off. I know when NOT to push it, and today was the day.
    suicide.2.jpg

UPSed rolling it cautiously.
    suicide.3.jpg

Burt being... well, Burt...
    suicide.4.jpg

Dennis (great guy, and friend of UPSed's), mouth wide open for good reason as he rolls the gnar...

suicide.5.jpg

suicide.6.jpg

Tom the Bomb checking out for the NEXT time we hit Suicide... The Bombster! suicide.7.jpg

Adam hits the tough stuff, then just 30 seconds later slides out on some loose over hard pack and possibly fractured his right legs tibia... Dameet! Keep Adam in the healing vibes as this guy is awesome!
    suicide.8.jpg

Down the trail and down for a seconds count. Adam get's up, but in serious pain. An awkward crash, Adam! Feel better fast rockstah!
    suicide.9.jpg

Did NOT expect to have to launch it. But I had to cuz I was skeered! Love it when it works out. Scottay was spectating the fun!

suicide.10.jpg

Pointing to the pain. Adam called Mrs. Adam. He insisted we keep rolling and not wait the hour it would take for her to arrive. Adam said, "Unless I'm unconscious, you don't hinder an Epic."
    suicide.11.jpg

Dead Cow

A faster trail with some chunk, we climbed back up (lots of climbing today) to Dead Cow. MTBHotRod tool off first, then Scottay, then I followed Scottay. HotRod stopped and wanted to follow someone that knew the trail. Scottay and I did the whole thing together. Scottay ripped it on his hardtail with fatty 3 inch tires. Scottay is one fast dude...:thumbsup: UPSed came ripping by us when Scottay stopped so I followed Ed to the finish line, in this situation it was a nice 1 inch cable across the trail, ha hah. Makes a feller want to stop!

Top of Dead Cow. Dennis, UPSed, and Tom the Bomb kicking it taking in the sites and prolly padding up for the unexpected.
    deadcow.1.jpg

Heading out with my sites to at least "catch up" with Scottay. deadcow.2.jpg

Scottay in the chunk. I love it when people *gasp!* as we fly by. deadcow.3.jpg

deadcow.4.jpg

Drops and flying off drops. The good stuff!
    deadcow.5.jpg

Tracking Scottay's line like a lazer. I know I can trust his choices... deadcow.6.jpg
    deadcow.7.jpg

After a sweet singletrack session, it's nice to get a knuckle bump from your partner in crime!
    deadcow.8.jpg

UPSed flying by like we were standing still. Oh wait! We WERE standing still! I try to chase 'em down!:sneaky:
    deadcow.9.jpg

My good buddy UPSed!
    deadcow.10.jpg

MTBHotRod sliding in to home plate.
    deadcow.11.jpg

and heeeee's.... SAFE!
    deadcow.12.jpg

Climbing over the cables. Mission accomplished!
    deadcow.13.jpg

FallingStar

A short little singletrack, kinda the finale to the ride in regards to fun descents. @Goodie (Dennis joined imtbtrails!) led it out with @UPSed on his tail leaving me to chase @burt !
    Guys......? We CAN'T let burt get a new set of wheels...okay? I chased him with MTBHotRod chasing me. I even got out in the weeds trying to hang on his wheel that day. Behind HotRod was Tom the Bomb and then Scottay. No mishaps, all fun! FallingStar!

We begin to roll FallingStar. Tom the Bomb up ahead waiting for us to catch up, then Goodie, UPSed, Burt, and myself with MTBHotRod right behind me then Scottay running sweep.
    fallingstar.1.jpg

Picking up speed Dennis leads out, UPSed, and the man! Tom the Bomb! fallingstar.2.jpg

Guys? No new bike for Burt.... Please? Can image what that will be like?!?!? fallingstar.3.jpg

Burt ramping up. fallingstar4.jpg

Off int the weeds Mikie! Way to go and scrub speed at the same time... Uhhh not exactly intended.
    fallingstar5.jpg

My only hope was to catch Burt in the switchbacks on my 26'er while 7 foot tall burt negotiated 27.5 wheels. Hey! I said Hope!

fallingstar6.jpg

Must have worked! That's his blue blur on the far right! Heh heh! fallingstar7.jpg

Last chance to gain ground. Burt is in the home stretch! Great fun! fallingstar8.jpg

MTBHotRod, Burt, UPSed... fallingstar10.jpg

New imtbtrails member Goodie (aka Dennis)... fallingstar9.jpg

2. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Pick one, got a few
    What the ....broken bones are no good. Hope Adam heals up quick.

3. UPSed

UPSed MTB Addict

Name:
    Edward Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO Plus
    Great ride today! So glad the weather held out. Suicide will definitely kick your a$$ if you're not on your game. It changes on a weekly basis due to the DHer's want for more features. The trails are definitely taking on a chunkier nature this season due to the recent rainfall. I agree with Mikie on the chit-chatting. Still with a group of riders where not everyone knows everyone in the group it's understandable. Great to finally meet TtB and thanks to everyone that came out.

4. scottay

scottay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Scottay
    Thanks for being the ring leader today Ed, great ride. Not in a hurry to do it again tho!

5. burt

burt Well-Known Member

Name:
    burt
    Gread ride in Simi. Thanks again for letting me demo your bike Tom. Heal up Adam!IMG_20160123_132310.jpg

6. jaime

jaime MTB Addict

Name:
    jaime
    Current Bike:
    '15 Giant reign advanced 1
    ^^^ Beautiful pic, @burt !!!

hill^billy and UPSed like this.
  7. Bluesrider

Bluesrider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Todd
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer T275c
    Awesome ride today, even my shorter version was enough to kick my butt. Good to meet some new faces and thanks Ed.

8. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD MTB Addict

Name:
    Dennis (AKA Dio)
    Current Bike:
    2013 Trek Slash 9 (26er)
    Best wishes, Adam!

Just an FYI, the two epics today started 80 miles apart, as the crow flies. @Mikie gets the kids out to play!

9. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD MTB Addict

Name:
    Dennis (AKA Dio)
    Current Bike:
    2013 Trek Slash 9 (26er)
  10. UPSed

UPSed MTB Addict

Name:
    Edward Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO Plus
    Sorry about all of the climbing. Just noticed the elevation profile! Still a great ride!

11. Mikie

Mikie Admin/MTB Addict

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    I knew it would be a beat fest of climbing by putting together previous profiles to see what I was in for.

I needed to kick my own azz, which it did! Riding once a week is really kicking my azz when I get out with you animals.
    I really wanted to ride Suicide and Dead Cow again, so it was all worth it!
    Any time I get to ride and spend time with the best people on the planet... I'm good!
    No worries here brothah!

12. scottay

scottay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Scottay
    '
    I needed to knock both those trails off my list, so it was a good route. Gotta earn those DH's ! :bang:

Tom the Bomb, Faust29, Mikie and 5 others like this.
  13. MTBHotRod

MTBHotRod Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rodney Thompson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Big thanks to Ed for showing us the route. Had a great time riding with some old friends and making some new ones.
    Adam is doing well and will be back in the saddle soon. Glad to have finally ridden Suicide and Dead Cow. Legs hurt this morning from all of the climbing and that's a good thing. Always a good time riding with the IMTBTrails Wrecking Crew. Looking forward to the next adventure.

14. ridinrox

ridinrox MTB Addict

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '11 Turner 5-Spot
    24 miles w 45 hundred feet of climbing - I'm so bummed I didn't go!! <that's sarcasm boys> :laugh:

And broken bones to boot. You guys sure know how to show imtb peeps a good time!! ;) :whistling: :thumbsup:

Oaken, Tom the Bomb, Faust29 and 9 others like this.
  15. mike

mike MTB Addict

Name:
    Mike O
    Way to send the goods, homeboys. Nice work, all.

Best wishes to Adam for a quick and full heal. Somebody come clean on the details so we all might avoid similar.

Don't be fallin off yer bike...do as I say, not do...

Brah!, ridinrox, MTBHotRod and 7 others like this.
  16. Mikie

Mikie Admin/MTB Addict

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    BUMP!
    Some Pics be added!
    ...more vid and pics to come!
    BALLLLLLLLZ BABY! :thumbsup:
    Haul that Mail!

Mikie

17. herzalot

herzalot MTB Addict

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    Right Proper Ride gents! Great RR and vids. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Heal quick Adam.

MTBHotRod, UPSed and Mikie like this.
  18. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb MTB Addict

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner rip 9
    One of those weird mishaps happened to Adam. Descending Suuuuuuicide he catches the front of his shoe in the side of the hill, it begins to twist, pain , pressure and snap! Major bummer ! Some ligament damage too. Adam is in good shape so I am sure he will heal up soon. The good thing is pedaling will probably be good for it.;).
    Awesome rr Mikie. Good to meet Ed, and Dennis. Its always good to ride with the Imtb boyz! Sure felt good to clean heart attack eh Mikie!
    Now I know where Burt bashed my bash guard.:p

herzalot, ridinrox, mike and 11 others like this.
  19. abuck55

abuck55 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Mark
    Wow!!!... That is some Chunky rocks!
    Looks like I missed another great epic ride. :unsure:
    As Mikie would say: "Dameeet"!!..

That ride seriously looks fun!! And a bit scary.
    Looks like everyone had a great time! Great RR Mikie!!

Adam.. Hope ur leg heals up soon..

ridinrox, mike, MTBHotRod and 3 others like this.
  20. MCB2K

MCB2K Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brian Kiggins
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    Fine work fellas! Heal fast Adam!

Some of that ledgy chunk stuff looks Koko worthy.

ridinrox and Mikie like this.
  21. MTBHotRod

MTBHotRod Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rodney Thompson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Nice videos, pics and RR Mikie. Felt like I was there. Oh yah, I was. haha

herzalot, UPSed and Mikie like this.
  22. Brah!

Brah! New Member

Name:
    Brah!
    Current Bike:
    Surly Krampus
    Guys,

Thank you all so very much for your thoughts! I am feeling fine and hope to be back soon. This was a great ride and I had an absolute blast with some really awesome people. thank you for letting me be apart of your ride! You guys ROCK!!

23. herzalot

herzalot MTB Addict

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    Judging from your avatar pic, you should be feeling no pain!

Heal quick dude!

Tom the Bomb and Mikie like this.
  24. Mikie

Mikie Admin/MTB Addict

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    Bump! One more time...
    Added the FallingStar singletrack fun towards the end of the ride....
    Good stuff!

herzalot and UPSed like this.