Rabbit hole + DD @ Menifee

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by jaime, Nov 28, 2016.

1. jaime

jaime MTB Addict

Name:
    jaime
    Current Bike:
    '15 Giant reign advanced 1

Got a last minute invite from a friend "hey Jaime want to ride ?" I said "bro, here in corona is muddy OC probably is muddy.. only place I think is Sycamore, but yes I'm down !! he said "not Sycamore, I'll show you some trails that don't get so much attention.. Cool !!.. drove south towards Elsinore, exit Bundy canyon until it changes to Scott RD park on the street and after we pedal under the 215.. there you go !!! we rode next to a couple cars parked on the trail head and there is a truck wrapped with FOX and RIDE FOX decals...Mmmm wonder who is the owner... I remember our beloved @ridinrox mentioned trails close the 215..well this were those trails... my friend said some of the pro's come to these trails to train....nice !! we climbed for about a mile and a half, easy climb and then some techy climb but all doable, we saw 4 or 5 guys building/digging a trail close to the entrance, thanks guys !!! well, my friend mentioned a couple of trail names.. Distortion, Revolution,Rabbit hole, DD and the one we were climbing Angry miles:mad: ... perfect weather, hero dirt, cold breeze, no rain just cloudy like black clouds oh yeah perfect !! we started on Rabbit hole fun flowy trail, berms, paved corners, rock drops, even a branch that can take you out in a split second (4:22) !! traction was great on my tires, but think I can run a little lower psi..well next time will try less psi...we finished Rabbit and climbed a little more to get to DD and saw the trail builders taking a break and said thanks to them ! and there you have a photographer on an upper trail, like 100 yards or so taking pics of a guy riding a YT red and a YT black jersey I asked my friend if that guy was Aaron Gwin but he said no, because that rider were skinny and looked younger than Aaron, we didn't got close to don't disturb the photographer but we got to witness a couple of jumps and whips, really cool man !! well time to get going on to DD, even though is a short little trail it is really fun !! sadly my gopro died right before DD. We finished with a big smile and we rode away... got out to a good ride with a good friend on new dirt and got to see a pro ! A perfect day on my bike !! :thumbsup: hope you guys like the video (select 1080p) and the pics !!
    IMG_20161128_155606.jpg
    Wonder who is this? :rolleyes:
    IMG_20161128_150146.jpg
    I like the chainring :thumbsup:

IMG_20161128_154234.jpg
    DD trail + dead gopro = :whistling:
    IMG_20161128_150931.jpg
    Hero dirt 1 :thumbsup:
    IMG_20161128_145910.jpg
    Hero dirt 2 :thumbsup:

2. sir crashalot

sir crashalot Well-Known Member

Name:
    gary fishman
    wheres the video?

Tom the Bomb and Mikie like this.
  3. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley LS
    Was Gwin.

Tom the Bomb, herzalot and Mikie like this.
  4. jaime

jaime MTB Addict

Name:
    jaime
    Current Bike:
    @littlewave he looked like early 20's and skinny maybe is his teammate. we didn't want to interrupt the session.

5. Fanatic

Fanatic Well-Known Member

Name:
    Aaron Brooks
    Current Bike:
    Rocky Mountain Altitude 70RSL
    Looks like you had a great ride. Hopefully I can get out and ride with you sometime next week.

6. herzalot

herzalot MTB Addict

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    That's Gwin's truck. I saw it in Temecula and said hi to him while he was awaiting his food.

Nice discovery and great ride report. Those trails look like great fun. Rox and @doublewide know about the goods on that side of the Santa Anas.

Gotta let it run a bit more Jaime - put that Snow Summit experience to work and let momentum and your bike's capabilities carry you up and over the little features and chunk. I get it though, first run on a new trail is all about recon. A+ for getting out there and finding such a great riding zone, and thanks for the video.

Tom the Bomb, Mikie and jaime like this.
  7. jaime

jaime MTB Addict

Name:
    jaime
    Current Bike:
    @herzalot he was Gwin, he was wearing the red bull helmet, it would be nice to get a pic with him..:thumbsdown:. next time for sure !
    Yes fashion master, I felt a bit stiff when we started the fun, this trail is very good and fun to ride with all the rocks and stuff, I was worried to not messed up. I'll be back for sure !

Tom the Bomb, herzalot and Mikie like this.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Admin/MTB Addict

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    Awesome @jaime !
    Great report and find!
    Thanks man for posting this up buddy! :thumbsup:

Tom the Bomb and jaime like this.
  9. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Pick one, got a few
    Good stuff @jaime thanks for the report & video.

Mikie, Tom the Bomb and jaime like this.
  10. sir crashalot

sir crashalot Well-Known Member

Name:
    gary fishman
    Looks fun! Is it the hills southwest of the scott rd/215 interchange?

Mikie and Tom the Bomb like this.
  11. riiz

riiz Well-Known Member

Name:
    Eric
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Heckler/Killmaleon
    Yup

12. doublewide

doublewide MTB Addict

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Ride Life Ride Giant
    That was Gwin, he was doing a photo shoot for MTBUK. And that first trail you were on in the video was Distortion not Rabbit Hole. Rabbit hole takes you furter out into the canyon.
    Thx for postin up, fun place!

13. jaime

jaime MTB Addict

Name:
    jaime
    Current Bike:
    @doublewide no wonder I felt distorted :confused:... The sign before entering the trail is gone that is why I assumed we where on Rabbit hole thanks for clarify :thumbsup:

Mikie, Tom the Bomb and doublewide like this.
  14. doublewide

doublewide MTB Addict

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Ride Life Ride Giant
    It's there, it's just back at the top of the landing... Rabbit Hole is down that fire road a few feet to the right.

15. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Name:
    Andy
    Current Bike:
    Some type of Santa Cruz...
    Looking at Apple's Maps, it looks like where Bundy changes to Scott Rd, there's a grocery store (Menifee Market & Feed, 26035 Scott RdMenifee, CA 92584)

Did you see this? Is this (near) where you parked?

Mikie, Tom the Bomb and jaime like this.
  16. jaime

jaime MTB Addict

Name:
    jaime
    Current Bike:
    Screenshot_20161129-151402.png @Andy
    Dropped Pin
    https://goo.gl/maps/QQU5j63PCbN2
    I parked on mapleton and keller rd, you go on keller rd and as soon as you cross the 215 left on scenic view drive and there you see the entrance, just go right on to the climb and you'll star to see the signs for the trails. I was told that some cars were broke in at the trailhead.

17. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb MTB Addict

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner rip 9
    Been there, those trails are awesome, fun little place. You only scratched the surface. I am due to hit it again.

18. jaime

jaime MTB Addict

Name:
    jaime
    Current Bike:
    @Tom the Bomb yes master, only the surface indeed !! We were on a time restraint. But them trails were every where and looked fun !!

Mikie and DangerDirtyD like this.
  19. SoCal_Rider

SoCal_Rider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Look who came out to ride the trails today.

IMG_0505.JPG

Faust29, BeckTrex, mike and 7 others like this.
  20. herzalot

herzalot MTB Addict

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    I believe that's 6 Overall World Cup Championships (2 for Richie (EWS) and 4 for Aaron (DH)) right there, oh - and a Junior World DH Championship for Richie. Pretty good riders that Yeti found and developed! Don't know who the third person is, but he/she is pretty lucky, as is the photographer.

Edit: Catharine Pendrel - Canadian XC racer. Seems she has two world cup titles and a world championship too. Not too shabby. That jumps up the group tally quite a bit. Fast company right there.

Strange - I visualize someone different when mentioning Canadian female XC racers. :oops:

21. Luis

Luis MTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    Big Black 29er
    Yup!
    Fun place. A couple of trails with some high pucker factor!
    That was the last time I rode with @ridinrox and @doublewide :(

22. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb MTB Addict

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner rip 9
    Will be there tomorrow morning. 9 A.M.

DangerDirtyD and jaime like this.