Park City - Bike Shops

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bvader, Jun 18, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    Hey Folks,

Heading to Park City for a couple days week of 6/25. Due to travel complications I may not be able to bring my own bike :( So I may need to rent.

Any Suggested Shops in / around Park City?

Oh Feel Free to throw in favorite trails, of course I won't be riding them if I don't have a bike!

TIA

2. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Andy C
    Jan's Sport was pretty good, it has everything you need and even bike rentals.

As for trails, my favorite was Red Bull in Park City Resort. It's not on the map so download Trailforks and you'll find it. We did Wasatch Crest above Deer Valley over to Canyon's, fantastic ride, absolutely beautiful. Be sure to do your research, parts of Wasatch is closed to bike traffic on certain days, I forget which one it is. If you like fast dh riding, Deer Valley is the place to go, but you don't need a DH bike. The rest of PC is XC, nothing hard, just buff single track all day long. Have fun, I loved riding PC.

Pics here

https://goo.gl/photos/JCiyywzqTcL9UuKM6

mtnbikej, bvader, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  3. BigTex

BigTex Member

Name:
    Richard
    Current Bike:
    Pivot Les
    Hey ... I'll be there next week too! I have rented from Jan's before, they seemed fine. But for this trip, a friend who lives there recommended Storm Cycles: http://stormcycles.net/. That said, Jan's may be more geographically desirable depending on your circumstances.

Trails: I've only done one, but it was pretty damn awesome - Mid Mountain. I climbed Armstrong (Look, Ma! I'm riding through Aspens!) and then went north on Mid-Mountain over to Canyons then down Holly's. Then I had lunch and decided to ride the lifts at Canyons for a bit, hitting the easy trails since I was on an XC-ish bike with XC protection. From Canyons it's a pretty easy cruise back into town, and I did the whole ride from Jan's.

Next week I hope to do the full Mid-Mountain trail from Deer Valley. Or maybe the other direction. Mid-Mountain stays at a fairly constant elevation, so once you're on that trail, there's not a lot of climbing (your sea-level lungs will be grateful). Getting up to it can be tough, but, if you're wiling to pony up a few bucks, I think there are at least three places where you can get a lift up to Mid-Mountain - Deer Valley, Park City base and Canyons.

bvader, herzalot and mtnbikej like this.
  4. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    I rented from Storm Yeti 4.5 for a couple days, then may need to switch out, maybe try a swichblade ... totally excited about the trip thanks folks.

herzalot likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?