OFFICIAL 2016 Over the Hump Thread!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by DBMX119, May 11, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. DBMX119

DBMX119 Member

Name:
    Rick McKee
    Well, maybe not official, as I am a nobody just starting a new topic for race summaries.

Good times last night. The new location is awesome! The course was REALLY fast and could use some improvements to make it more of a "mountain bike" race, but I am sure the OTH crew will tweak things over the summer. I will say that I was shocked at how smoothly things went for the first event at a new location.

I'll try to post up more of a report later, but lets start hearing how things went for everyone!

Mikie, Cougar, Faust29 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    Warming up, I thought the course was too much of spinning around a gravel parking lot to make the course long enough.
    During the race I did not have that feeling at all.
    I liked that it was longer than most courses last year; I prefer to race near an hour to feel I got my money's worth. Last year some category winners were under half an hour.
    The venue is nice and big, they might want to water the lawn a bit less; it seems it got muddy.

Looking forward to more.

Mikie likes this.
  3. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    @DBMX119
    My sources tell me the courses will continue to get better.

@Rumpled
    It rained and poured out in the canyon all weekend...so I am sure the grassy areas were pretty saturated.

DBMX119 and Mikie like this.
  4. HBkites

HBkites Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    Why S7, Revel Rascal, Spark RC
    I'm looking forward to my next race (in two weeks).
    I'm hoping that by then they'll find more elevation, and some uneven dirt (with rocks).
    I never races criterium or Cycle-cross, so I can't compere them to the first OTH race. All I can say is that Tuesday's race wasn't a classic MTBing race (form my prospective).
    My overall finish supersized me, but I don't see myself racing in week 10 if the course stay that flat.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?