OC Foothills Bikeway Planning - Roundtable Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Runs with Scissors, Apr 24, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    This is OCTA's attempt to spend local, regional, and federal resources to create regional bikeways in Orange County. Currently they're looking at the foothills (which to them apparently means Santa Ana Canyon and maybe Peters Canyon, given the stated region of Yorba Linda, Orange, Tustin, Villa Park, the adjacent parts of Anaheim, and Irvine).

They want to know where the bikeways should be. Personally, I look at every paved (and most unpaved) surface as a place to ride, although I am judicious about choosing my route.

This could be used as a way to show how important it is to retain and expand/open up places like Blackstar, Skyline, Coal Canyon, Fremont Canyon (I salivate every time I look at a map...we need to be able to ride there) along with creating feasible corridors to ride to them.

I don't know about y'all, but I've been known to ride out of my garage in west Anaheim and end up in Chino Hills State Park, and after I'm done ride home. It's a cast iron bitch to do it, but I do it. Better routes would make it even ... better.

So if'n y'all are interested, at all, see <a class="postlink" href="http://www.octa.net/Share-the-Ride/Bike/Bikeways-Planning/Regional-Bikeways-Planning/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.octa.net/Share-the-Ride/Bike ... -Planning/</a> and on June 4 you can give 'em an earful...I mean, your reasoned input.

2. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    The bikeways in OC mostly go from inland to the beach. Santa Ana river trail, Mountain to the sea trail, Aliso creek trail.
    None I'm aware of connect these trails without riding on the street at some point.

Add connector trails to these three and I'd probably ride the road bike more. In my opinion, that would be best and most useful.

edit; According to their map this is correct, no connecting trails.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?