Noble Canyon and rain

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by SoloRider, Mar 8, 2018.

1. SoloRider

SoloRider New Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Nickel
    I’m hoping to ride Noble Canyon in the near future, but there seems to be a lot of rain in the forecast.

Will that make it better or worse? If it gets worse, how many days of sun does it usually take to dry out? Thanks.

littlewave, Mikie, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS
    I've heard of people riding in the snow and rain.....If you are ok with wet rocks....go for it.

3. evdog

evdog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Evan S
    Noble itself is mostly DG and rock. There may be a few soft spots but it should be ok. Bigger problem is this time of year if you go up there and its raining, its going to be pretty miserable up top.

Other trails around Mt Laguna aren't DG and take some time to dry out depending which ones. You'd want to give it a day or three depending how much recent rain

SoloRider and Mikie like this.
  4. Sidewalk

Sidewalk Well-Known Member

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    @LLPoolJ and I were making plans to go Saturday, but weighing our options. The rain doesn't bother me, as long as I can still have fun on the trail. I think we are doing Noble only, no extra credit. But we have a Plan B developed, that doesn't involve a pill.

SoloRider, mtnbikej and Mikie like this.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Admin/MTB Addict

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Yeti ASR5c, SC Hightower
    Would just like to add to the slippery rock comment. There is some pretty healthy jagged rock. I'm not an east coast rider so the slippery rocks through me on my first time on them.
    Just be careful, don't go solo Captain Solo.

SoloRider, mtnbikej and doublewide like this.