New Transitions

Discussion in 'Videos' started by herzalot, Aug 22, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    The Patrol has always been on my short list of great bikes to lust after. But I'm not sure what to make of this video. Hackneyed and actually kinda fun...

Looks like Transition has a fresh herd.

mike, CarlS, PATKOUG and 11 others like this.
  2. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    I thought this was about the lenses that change color in the sun. You think they make those in a sporty bi-focal? I could shred some serious spreadsheets with some of those.
    Damn.

Tom the Bomb, Faust29, Mikie and 5 others like this.
  3. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    The Bandit was on my short list, before I bought my Devinci. The Scout Carbon looks like a great replacement....or an Evil Insurgent.

code3, Tom the Bomb, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Side note - I just discovered multi-focal daily wear disposable contact lenses. I can read AND I can see!!!! Not great with the reading, but not bad. I no longer have to bring reading glasses with me everywhere OR wear bi-focals (which I've never owned).

5. SoCal_Rider

SoCal_Rider Member

Name:
    Ryan
    I'd love to try a Transition Smuggler or Sentinel. Seems like Transitions get good reviews. I have yet to see one in person.

Danmtchl, CarlS, Tom the Bomb and 2 others like this.
  6. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    What! contact lenses that you can read and see far! I have hope... was just reading this morning and everything looked so blurry.. small print bible ...

7. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    'Tis true! I will be experimenting with a 2.0 reading enhancement, up from the 1.25 I am currently trying out. The 1.25 works pretty well, and I have NO noticeable distortion on the straight ahead or peripheral vision. I figgured I would ask for just a bit more and see if it messes with my far vision and peripheral. If so, I'll go back to the 1.25. Oh, and my prescription is -6.0 so I am pretty much bat-blind!

Oh - and I sure like them Transition bikes from up there in Washington (aka South British Columbia).

8. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I've seen double since I was a little kid. I just aim for the one on the left!

Danmtchl and herzalot like this.
  9. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2017 Patrol v 2018 Patrol

Honestly sounds like insider marketing hype, but I think all those who bought the previous versions should throw theirs in the trash, despite the tons of accolades heaped on the bike by test-riders everywhere.

Want!

(if I were in the market and were still avoiding the undeniable superiority of 29 inch wheels).

Danmtchl and Sasquatch9billion like this.
  10. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Thx to @mtnbikej and @herzalot for posting the vid here.

Kinda makes alloy look pretty effing good, no (despite the corny promo)? 43mm fork offset and steep STA has me curious. Sentinel looks like a total destroyer...

11. code3

code3 Member

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout
    I love my Transition, but if I were to buy another one I'd like it to be a little more energy efficient which I'm hoping that the new suspension kinematics help with. I love how quirky the company is. All their videos and social media are a bit tongue in cheek and just fun. Fun is the reason I'm riding in the first place, so their marketing works on me.

Besides, what other company has a video like this with a bunch of silly acronyms and a major selling point being that the bike has "huck to flat technology"?

Obviously I'd likely look into buying one again, and I'm excited to have a couple new bikes to try on my adventure to n+1.

Luis, Danmtchl, kioti and 4 others like this.
  12. muni

muni Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    17 Yeti SB5
    Saw the new bikes, love the Sentinel. That long, slack, burly bike looks beautiful. But the bike might laugh at me riding it so slow and safe.

Danmtchl, herzalot and mike like this.
  13. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Yes, we were all secretly hoping you would "upgrade" from your Yeti SB-5... o_O

How about an SB-5.5 if you wanna go 29?

14. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    It ticks a lot of boxes. Not the BB one. :unsure:

Danmtchl, Sasquatch9billion and code3 like this.
  15. muni

muni Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    17 Yeti SB5
    LoL. I have a Specialized Camber 29 slackened with a 130/140 x-fusion fork. Actually the only bike I'm really thinking about is the Guerilla Gravity trail pistol.

Danmtchl and herzalot like this.
  16. muni

muni Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    17 Yeti SB5
    I don't know why everyone is afraid of pressfit BB. Just wear them out and install Enduro torqtite BB replacement. I haven't done one myself but hear high regards to it.

17. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    I'm not afraid, just don't like creaking parts that I have to buy pricey special tools and supplies to service or be forced to let a shop deal with it, buy special replacement parts because it doesn't work perfectly, etc. I don't just ride around civilization for a day. I have to have a reliable setup. PF is inherently not it. Thanks for the tip on the fix. :thumbsup:

18. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    Smuggler was already high on my list for my next bike, since I'll probably be sticking with an alloy frame. The new updates bump it up on the list a few notches! Head angle drop from 67.5 to 66 is my only concern. But, i'll reserve judgement until I hear some feedback on how it climbs.

mike and Sasquatch9billion like this.
  19. CarlS

CarlS Member

Name:
    Carl
    Current Bike:
    Walmart $50 special
    So does anyone know where you can check these bikes out? I would love to demo a 2018 smuggler but I don't really want to fly to Washington in order to do it. I'm really going to be in the market in 2018 for a more "trail" bike. this looks really fun.

max_DSC06367_kevinedit_2_869245.jpg

20. CarlS

CarlS Member

Name:
    Carl
    Current Bike:
    Walmart $50 special
    I have been using the Praxis works BB and I'm a big fan of it. creaking free. https://praxiscycles.com/conversion-bb/

mike and Cyclotourist like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?