New tech or torture device?

Discussion in 'Saddles' started by MrGreedom, Apr 25, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    noway_zpswfsvtlta.jpg

I just can't imagine... Thoughts? :thumbsup::thumbsdown::stop:

mike likes this.
  2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Who the heck would ride that? You'd have to be insane to stick your butt on that for 100 miles and 11,000 feet!#!##@$% Certifiable... :p

Mikie, doublewide and herzalot like this.
  3. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    Triathlon saddle. For that far leaned over TT position.

Mikie likes this.
  4. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Well.....technically you stood up for a good portion of that 11,000' :speechless:

Mikie, Faust29 and herzalot like this.
  5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Actually, the design isn't that new... The purpose, however, is to remove pressure from the guy parts as well as the perineum (sp?) by forcing the rider to sit on the sit bones correctly.

My doctor (avid cyclist) recommended that I look into nose less saddles when I had some issues a few years ago. I haven't ridden a normal saddle since. There is no numbness... Ever. Even on 100 milers.

And... Fast forward to today. The entire line of mountain saddles from Specialized includes the same features of the Adamo, minus the split rail. The raised ridge in the rear forces sit bone use, and the saddles all have an opening in the center, a pressure relieving channel, and noses that dip out of the way. Basically, they are designed to keep blood flowing. If you get numb "down there", you are sitting on soft flesh, and not your sit bones... This new generation of saddles forces you to do that.

Mikie, RS VR6, mike and 1 other person like this.
  6. StrandLeper

StrandLeper Well-Known Member

Name:
    Timothy M. Ryan
    Current Bike:
    SC Bronson 1x/Pivot 429 1x xtr
    I use the Cobb split nose saddle on my trainer. After I had "issues down there." 269 hours on the trainer later, no more issues "down there." Never had such issues on the mtb due to constantly changing position.

Mikie likes this.
  7. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    • I run the koobi enduro, a split nose design; not as extreme as the adamo. Might try the adamo at some point

8. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    I've got a downtown issue and am now compiling quite the collection of saddles( could be my Greek heritage). Best so far for me has been the Specialized power pro but I still go numb if I sit for more than 10 minutes or so. Solution for me is to just stand up & mash regularly.

Mikie likes this.
  9. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Well... This is my confessional. I did not switch the saddle on my road bike for last weekend's century ride. I still hurt. If I ever talk about another century on the road, remind me about this, and make me switch to the ISM saddle. It really is that much better... :(

Mikie likes this.
  10. jaime

jaime Well-Known Member

Name:
    jaime
    Current Bike:
    '20 YT Jeffsy carbon 27'5
    Got a specialized power comp 2 weeks ago..... Will ride the tour of Long Beach on sat. 32 miles... Comments after the ride ! thanks to @Faust29 for pointing me on the right direction for saddles !!

Faust29 likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?