new inexpensive dropper post from KS

Discussion in 'Dropper Seat Posts' started by sir crashalot, Feb 1, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. ULEWZ

ULEWZ Member

Name:
    Lew
    Current Bike:
    2015 Intense Tracer Pro Carbon
    They're selling that Exaform speedup on Amazon now for $72.12 plus $4.89 shipping. Niagra Cycles, which is good and bad. Very reliable, but slow slow slow to ship. Figure on 2 to 3 weeks in my experience, but the price is low. That's for a 31.6 post, 150mm drop, 440g which fits my bike if my dropper ever fails.

Mikie likes this.
  2. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    Mikie and Danmtchl like this.
  3. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Got mine in 2 days direct from niagara cycle. Cool taht theyre on Amazon now, want one for my otehr bike too!

Mikie, Danmtchl and Faust29 like this.
  4. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    Mikie, mtnbikej, bvader and 2 others like this.
  5. senderos_949

senderos_949 Member

Name:
    Randy Morris
    Current Bike:
    Marin Mt Vision Pro
    FWIW adding to this budget dropper thread: Just replaced my 125 mm KS Eten (with the lever that's beneath the seat:cautious:) with a 175mm Trans-X Kitsuma ($135) matched with a Shimano Deore lever ($46 complete wth Shimano cable).
    Since most of the coveted new bike models are sold out with long waiting lists, I'm trying to eke out a few more months on my Marin Vision Pro so I did a budget 1x conversion and the dropper post upgrade.
    Checked out solid reviews for both before buying and they worked great on my first ride (I've demo'd a few bikes with higher end droppers and didn't notice any huge difference). Worth a look if on a budget.
    I went with external to avoid drilling my frame - internal is avail at about same price.

bike dropper.jpg

Mikie, herzalot, PATKOUG and 7 others like this.
  6. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Long term review of the exaform speedup-ended up being junk. After a year It bent slightly under my weight-there’s an obvious weak point near the bottom of the part that slides up and down-enough to make it not slide up and down anymore. Got a used bikeyoke revive which also has problems- on rainy/wet/muddy days crud gets on the actuator lever inside the seat tube and makes it stick open sometimes. But in better conditions (most of the time) it’s solid. Though you have to keep on top of the air pressure or valve wont work well. Love the revive feature. But not a budget dropper!

Tom the Bomb, Mikie, herzalot and 4 others like this.
  7. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!
    Buy a trs+ dropper from e13. All mechanical . Mine is 4 years old and works perfectly in all conditions and have never serviced it! I will see how it compares to the Gravity dropper I have on my Tallboy. 7yrs old , all mechanical and never serviced . I also works perfect. I have tried all the oil , air droppers including the expensive 9.8 and am sooooo done with them!

herzalot and Danimal like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?