New imtbtrails features...

Discussion in 'Forum Related' started by Mikie, Oct 11, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    All,
    Have created two new features for the site:
    1) It was pointed out by AndyB that some are sensitive to black text on a white background so a new feature has been added. When you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page in the lower left you should see a link in the dark blue Nav Bar called "Default Style". If you click on that a pop up should appear to give you two options,
    "Default Style" which is what you are looking at now, and, "Default Style Dark". Click "Default Style Dark" and you will get a black background with white letters. Check it out. Choose what you like...:thumbsup:

2) Now in the Header on the right are 3 images. Those images are randomly grabbed from all over the forum and link back to the original post. It helps to stir up oldies but goodies. This program switches the random pics every so often to refresh with new pics. This may be causing havoc with some of your screens and so I am working on adjusting the Header logo to accommodate... Have fun!

2. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Thanks Mikie. Is there any way to change the font size? On my phone the text is too small unless I expand it then it's hard to move it around so I can read it while I'm walking. I know. Shouldn't be reading while I'm walking but I get bored. First world problems.

Also I clicked on the default style and it redirects me to the XenForo's homepage.

Nevermind. Apparently I have big fingers.:gag:

Mikie likes this.
  3. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    @UPSed,
    I have indeed been working the text size thing. Did you look on your phone as mine has the ability to increase the size of the font and that solved it for me. Just take a look...

UPSed likes this.
  4. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Ohhhh, I like going to the Dark Side...

Mikie likes this.
  5. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Changed the font size on my phone and everything was larger except websites. I use Google Chrome and there is no font size setting there either.

Mikie likes this.
  6. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    No prob Ed. We will win at this one too! :thumbsup:

UPSed likes this.
  7. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    All of this is the proverbial icing on the cake. The site rocks as is. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: x 1 million.

Mikie likes this.
  8. AndyB

AndyB Wheelie for Safety

Name:
    Andy
    Currently the header thumbs are grabbed from the Trailhead and Ride Reports forums.

Mikie likes this.
  9. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Definitely liking the black background a lot better, thanks Mikie!

One silly request - is there any way to move the post date from below a user's post to the top of the post? Its a lot easier to see which posts you have read before when you can see the date without scrolling down. First world problem, but makes saves time when trying to see what's new.

Mikie likes this.
  10. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
  11. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Mikie likes this.
  12. H2oChick

H2oChick Well-Known Member

Name:
    K-Oss
    I LIKEEE MIKIE!
    One of the features I really enjoyed on the other site was the random photos on the opening page.
    Made you click. Photos sell the story

Mikie likes this.
  13. AndyB

AndyB Wheelie for Safety

Name:
    Andy

Seek to 2:40 for instructions on how to change the browser font size.

Mikie likes this.
  14. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    AndyB for the win! Thanks Andy!

Mikie likes this.
  15. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Hooray for AndyB! xenforo Guru Extraordinaire!
    UPSed will going instantly to the "HUGE" thinking something different will happen...
    "Was that my outside voice typing?"

Runs with Scissors and UPSed like this.
  16. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    So are the header preview pics the same for everyone, so each member sees a random set of pics.....or is it the same for everyone, based on a block of time?

17. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Same for everyone for a block of time... That's how I saw your Palm Canyon ride. I've been clicking on pics that catch my eye and going off on a complete rediscovery. Been liking it...

Runs with Scissors and mtnbikej like this.
  18. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    Agreed....kinda gets people to look back through old threads.

Mikie likes this.
  19. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    I cant wait for some of ChrisPBacon's pics to end up there!! :thumbsup:

mtnbikej and Mikie like this.
  20. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    You have probably already noticed, there is a new feature called "Similar Threads". At the bottom of each thread there is a list of potentially related posts that may be related in some way to the thread you are currently reading. I say "may" and "potentially". It is set up currently to search the existing forum for like posts.

Yeah... imtbtrails just keeps giving and giving and giving, and...

Voodoo Tom and H2oChick like this.
  21. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
  22. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Name:
    Craig
    Current Bike:
    '14 Turner Burner
    The pic loading thing is likely only for pics that are submitted to the forums, rather than linked to in the posts I assume? I haven't seen any of my pics up there, but I never upload pics to the forums. I only ever link to pics. (I like the feature though, just curious as to the functionality)

Mikie likes this.
  23. MCB2K

MCB2K Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brian Kiggins
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    So basically, you want to turn this place into a complete time hole... where we come to visit, and never go on to anything productive? :eek:

24. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    The feature seeks out 3 random image attachment's from the ride report and trailhead forum. If there are no pics in the post, it can't see the post. Post pics!

25. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Two new features are now available on imtbtrails! :thumbsup:

1) GPX Viewer:
    This feature is for those that download or upload .gpx files. .gpx files are awesome if you want to duplicate a ride that someone els has ridden and you don't want to get lost. I use .gpx files all the time for my exploring. What this feature does is this, if you upload a .gpx file to your post it place the file at the bottom of your post for anyone to download. After you upload the .gpx file, upon saving your post it creates a button at the bottom of your post that states GPX Viewer. Clicking this will open up a full size Google Terrain Map with the route embeded like on Strava. You can zoom in and out or switch to Map View as well. This is a great feature for those that like to study routes and look at the big picture. Click the Back Button and you are back at the post.

An example of how this works can be seen on the "Trails" Forum where I have uploaded several .gpx file. Bottom of the first post,

Example: http://www.imtbtrails.com/forum/threads/tobias-trail.3058/

2) Instagram Thumbnail and Link:
    In effort to stay fluid with other social medias. Instagram is one that has video that can not be embedded. So in effort to do the next best thing, copying and pasting the web page link off Instagram will now automatically upload a Thumbnail and the link to the Instagram web page.
    Andy is the the man that invents this stuff, so thank AndyB!

Example: http://www.imtbtrails.com/forum/threads/red-bull-rampage-2015-paul-basagoitias-crash.3233/

Bike On!

26. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    In the forever endeavor to make imtbtrails the best little Mountain Bike Forum on the Planet. We have added, Yes! Once again... a new feature! ... (We really need a clapping Smiley)

On the Forum Index Page you will now find, to the right, a Doppler Radar Image for real time weather that focuses on our riding arena. You can click on the link directly below it to blow up the radar if necessary to see what weather we got coming in to help plan your rides. This is once again another @AndyB addition to imtbtrails.

...And the cool stuff just keeps rolling in! :cool:

Bike On!
    Mikie

Faust29, AndyB, Cougar and 4 others like this.
  27. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    I like the Doppler. I just saw it and was wondering how long it has been there. I thought maybe I had too much tunnel vision.

Mikie likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?