Manzanita-Jackson Lake Lollipop

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by rossage, May 3, 2014.

1. rossage

rossage MTB Addict

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Hillbilly, Burt (OTB ) and I did this ride today. Starting from the turnoff to South Fork CG, the 5 mile climb was as advertised. Hot, steep, loose, rocky, but not rutted. Fun way to start the ride!
    From Vincent Gap, we climbed some more, but not much, to hit the singletrack to Jackson Lake. Fast, flowy, cool. Everything the fireroad was not. A few downed trees but nothing major. Quick break at the bottom and return the way we came.
    Back at the Gap, we bought some jeans! Yeah right. Things were about to get serious on the Manzanita trail, or whatever its called now. More fast fun flowy goodness where the rocky technical sections were interrupted by smoooth spots and wash outs. Cool temps and great views kept our attention away from the death drops, ledges and overhanging trees. Burt and Hillbilly railed that stuff while I dropped back to take a few pics.
    Long drive to Big Mouth Pizza in Agua Dulce for grub that is always worth the wait.
    Great ride with good riders!

Hope the Sunday Wrightwood ride is just as good.

2. rossage

rossage MTB Addict

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Here's a few pics...

20140503_150919.jpg

20140503_150936.jpg

20140501_101400.jpg

20140503_150925.jpg

20140503_151608.jpg

20140503_152647.jpg

20140503_152652.jpg

20140503_152509.jpg

3. rossage

rossage MTB Addict

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Ha ha ha I forgot to rotate the pics again

4. Mikie

Mikie Admin/MTB Addict

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    Magic Flight strikes again . . . . . . dooooooooooooooooooooooood....

5. hill^billy

hill^billy MTB Addict

Name:
    Doug Lake
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB-66
    Thanks Ross, great ride! So glad you threw in the trade show pic! Nice to meet you Burt if you see this? Can't wait to put together another ride since it is WW season!

6. scan

scan MTB Addict

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    trek ex 7
    You moved the trees on j lake right? Nice pix . Manzanita like it was last time we rode it HB?

7. hill^billy

hill^billy MTB Addict

Name:
    Doug Lake
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB-66
    Nope Scan the man, that trail is different every time I ride it! Most of the trail is in great shape, I love it because it throws just about everything at you, but you always have to be ready to get off the bike unless you enjoy great pain! We came very close to adding Leprachaun into the ride, but thought it might be to much, next time. So much to ride there if you are in good shape. Really wish I could join you bloks for a second day of goodness, but I would never make it back in time. Have a great ride boys!