Looking for some Wrightwood help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ricekrispyota, Apr 23, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    I went up to Wrightwood today with a buddy. We started at Jackson Lake and rode the fire road through the camp ground to the North up to Boy Scout and then down to the parking lot again. As we were coming in to the parking lot, a couple other riders were coming in from the highway. We started talking and they mentioned some trails I had never heard of, Leprachaun and Lucky Charms as well as one that starts near the Visitor Center on Hwy 2.

I know where Blue Ridge, Boy Scout and Middle Jackson Lake trail start, and I found Fenner trail today. Is anyone able to give directions to some of the other trail heads or photos of where the trail head is near. I would like to go out there and hit some new stuff. I've also ridden acorn and Table Mountain. Just looking for some new dirt to pedal.

I've been reading some of the recent posts about the area and they look like a good time.

Thanks

Cisco Roots, scan and Mikie like this.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Leprechaun Rocks! It exits on the north side of the highway across the street from Jackson lake and just up the street east a bit. Look up some of the ride reports that I have done, or check out my STRAVA history. I'll get you more details soon, but Mrs. Watson is asking for some time together. :whistling: Gotta go!

3. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Screenshot_20160423-202530.png

1 zoomed out pic of start of leprechaun. The other zoomed in.

Screenshot_20160423-202603.png

Cisco Roots, Mikie and Ricekrispyota like this.
  4. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Enter at the top part of the marker.
    Trail could have poison oak and /or overgrown, haven't been there since last yr.
    There's a left turn that takes you to mezcal boy scout campground. If you miss the turn I believe you run into a fire road then take that to the left back towards Jackson Lake. Will try to post a pic

Mikie and Ricekrispyota like this.
  5. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    At the pin mark you climb the switchback paved road.
    In the zoomed out pic you can see Jackson Lake

Screenshot_20160423-203951.png

Screenshot_20160423-203951.png

Mikie likes this.
  6. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Sorry here's the zoomed in pic

Screenshot_20160423-204628.png

Mikie and Ricekrispyota like this.
  7. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    Thanks Mikie. You're a good man, putting the Mrs. First.

Scan, that will help a ton. Thank you for all the work.

Mikie likes this.
  8. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    You just about got 'em all! the trail by the visitor's center is probably Logging Trail. The top is only about 1/4 mile past the center on the paved road to Jackson group camp. It's on the right as you descend at the same place where the SOT hits the road. Logging is the one that goes downhill to the east. It has some rocky climbs until it drops to the Faultline trail. Take a left on Faultline to go to the lake or right to Big Pine or Mt. High west. Post up when you ride up there again and I'll try to ride with you!

scan, Ricekrispyota and Cisco Roots like this.
  9. Cisco Roots

Cisco Roots Well-Known Member

Name:
    Cisco
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB140 LR
    Pssst....Lets all speak in a hushed tone and not let everyone in on the secret of these awesome trails!

Haha j/k.... I wish I lived closer, I would be up there all the time.

scan and Ricekrispyota like this.
  10. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Ha ha, Ciscos making fun of me.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?