Looking for 26" wheelset

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by mike, Apr 7, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Got something to sell me for the Weasel's HT? She destroyed her weightweenie wheels trail riding, bless her heart. :inlove::rolleyes:

100mm x 9mm QR front, 135mm x 9mm QR rear. Doesn't have to be anything other than usable, tubeless potential and economical.

TIA!

DangerDirtyD and Danmtchl like this.
  2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    26" getting hard to find...if you get nothing here, have you considered looking at Performance Bike? They often have stuff on sale for next to nothing.

I'd let you have my daughter's 26" wheelset, but it's not tubeless ready that I know of, and she'd probably have a conniption even though she hasn't ridden it in a year.:whistling:

Danmtchl and mike like this.
  3. Makoto

Makoto Member

Name:
    Mike
    I have a set of Mavic 819's laced up to a Hope Pro II rear and a Hadley front. I think I have adapters for the rear, but the front hub is a 20mm thru axle as it stands. Make me an offer if you're interested.

mike, Danmtchl and dustyyoungblood like this.
  4. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    When looking for anything mountain bike related you should always tag @scottay. Good luck with your search.

mike and Danmtchl like this.
  5. tortoise

tortoise Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    I got a set you can have but not tubeless. surly front hub on a Mavic 719 and rear XT on a Mavic(forgot the rim model but it's a beefy one.
    also have a 819 rim

6. A friend of mine bought some Crank bros 26" wheels on chainreaction for pocket change a little while ago

7. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    I have a set of wheels that I barely used that really need to get out of my garage. SRAM X9 hubs and WTB rims. Currently have tires and avid discs on them. The discs are well used. No skewers. Not sure of the tubeless potential. I only rode them like five or six times, I think.
    I only paid $100 for them and would take almost anything to get them out of the garage.

IMG_20140113_190509.jpg

IMG_20140113_190622.jpg

8. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Got some handbuilt DT-540's with Onyx hubs. Durable if not lightweight...

9. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Many thanks to all of you for taking time to offer a solution. Extra thanks for your generosity.

Jim/@Rumpled, that sounds like the right set for the project, and I'll take you up on it. I'll PM.

You guys rock :thumbsup:

10. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Just following up with another nod to everybody who helped here. The lass is enjoying her resurrected HT with its new rollers compliments of @tortoise.

Ever see a 9" dropper slide into a 11" seat tube? It's flippin hilarious! :thumbsup:

PATKOUG and mtnbikej like this.
  11. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Just an add-on as you're looking at Rumpled's X9... I have an X9 hub on an Arch that is going on 4 years old. It started life on the FS, moved to the Salsa geared and SS, and enjoyed many miles on the Santa Cruz. For a cheaper hub, it's pretty bomb proof. It's still going strong and is back on the FS. I have no idea how many miles that is, but it's gotta be upwards of 7 or 8 thousand with zero issues.

mike and mtnbikej like this.
  12. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Due to my impatience in wanting to build it, I grabbed tortoise's set (XT/Salsa hubs). But it's great to get a real-world assessment of economical gear! :thumbsup:

Faust29 likes this.
  13. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I have a front Giant branded DT Swiss 240s on a DT Swiss E something rim. 26" barely used. Can't help you with a rear wheel.

mike likes this.
  14. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Thanks for posting up, Chris. We are tooled up now, thanks to other generous Teebee Trailers :thumbsup:

herzalot likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?