Long Travel All Mountain Recommendations

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews' started by StrandLeper, Sep 9, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
  2. StrandLeper

StrandLeper Well-Known Member

Name:
    Timothy M. Ryan
    Current Bike:
    SC Bronson 1x/Pivot 429 1x xtr
    Dead sexy! (Spoken with Aussie accent)

Mikie, Cornholio and UPSed like this.
  3. StrandLeper

StrandLeper Well-Known Member

Name:
    Timothy M. Ryan
    Current Bike:
    SC Bronson 1x/Pivot 429 1x xtr
    A little birdie dropped this off in my in box today. The standard color is now matte black with all other colors an small upcharge. Of course, they honored their earlier price quote for my white frame. Of course they did. Because they are Foes. #MAGA :)

Attached Files:

herzalot, Mikie, mtnbikej and 3 others like this.
  4. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Nice! I still can't wait to see this built...

herzalot and Mikie like this.
  5. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    Digging up an old thread that's just coming to fruition.... Congrats to OP @strand, and @dusty for their new Foes'. Would like to hear some feedback on how it rides (prob just Dusty right now until strand gets his built soon).

I've been dreaming again, though nowhere near pulling a trigger on something new. But very intrigued with the new for 2017 guerrilla gravity Megatrail and MT-SS. The MT and MT-SS are basically the same frame with a different length shock that converts from the longish 165mm travel MT, to the medium travel SS (SS=Slope Style or "short stroke") 135-145mm travel. And two different travel /geo modes for each shock option.

With all the different setup options, one could make this bike be anywhere from a 165mm travel "Endurish", decent pedaling option (Horst Link new for them this year), with easy conversion to a shorter stroke shock to 135mm Slopestyle bike or 145mm aggressive trail bike. I'm intrigued with all the variants, the SS "short stroke" mode can fit 29" wheels/tires, 27.5+ and regular 27.5. So with the two shock lengths and two travel modes, dif wheel sizes... lots of options.

Plus, made in America, Colorado, Aluminum :thumbsup:
    Boost 148 Rear, and metric shock spec....
    http://ridegg.com/megatrail
    http://ridegg.com/ss

6. Yep it all started here!!!!
    I'll follow up with level headed foes mixer ride report after I come down from today's 20min test and get a real couple rides in.

My thought, the mega trail could be awesome. Design probably solid. Owners like them. USA made,cool. Features read well.

Other thoughts. Company is to young, to small to really support the development process. At least from photos the welds are not as good as looking as foes, or other top notch aluminum fabricators.

Mikie and herzalot like this.