Laguna Cyclery

Discussion in 'Local Bike Shop Reviews' started by herzalot, Jun 3, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Laguna Cyclery - they are my closest store, but I rarely went there - until recently. There was always kind of a weird vibe. Inattention to detail. Loud music. High turnover in staff. The current crew there is the nicest and most down to earth in my 14 years in Laguna. Still, one of them sent my buddy Scott out on a demo Ibis HD3 with a maladjusted derailleur, crap X-Fusion suspension and a 1x10 transmission with a broken clutch. When we told them of the problem, they comp'd the demo, but they may have lost a sale from my buddy. Don't send people out to demo on crap components.

mike and Mikie like this.
  2. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    I live 2 blocks form LC but hardly ever go there, several bad experiences over the years. Ill elaborate later.

herzalot and Mikie like this.
  3. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    OK, call me fickle, but Laguna Cyclery seems to have found a groove lately. For years they were here today gone tomorrow with bike brands and employees. Mechanics seemed a bit ham fisted. The crew that's in there now seems pretty solid. Their new relationship with Intense seems to have given them fresh life - so now they have Intense, Santa Cruz, Ibis, Specialized (I didn't know Specialized allowed that) and perhaps KTM. Those are some solid brands.

Patrick (the owner), Chris and Scott bent over backwards to hook up my brother with demo bikes over Thanksgiving, and did so for a very reasonable sum. Chris also seems to be a mechanic that will pay attention to detail. The demo bikes were flawlessly adjusted and had great components (an Intense Primer and an Ibis Mojo 3).

They also sold @Makoto 's friend Dakota a top o'the line Intense Factory Primer demo for a great price. Rumor has it, Dakota loves the bike. He came down from LA to get it, and the shop treated him well.

My friend Scott forgave them for the crappy demo experience and bought a Santa Cruz 5010 from them for his wife. That's pretty good, considering he lives in Mission Viejo. I am hopeful that they can continue to ramp up the quality control and develop some stability in brands and mechanics. Keep it up Laguna Cyclery!

littlewave, mtnbikej, kioti and 3 others like this.