Kenda Nevegals Pro 27.5

Discussion in 'Kenda Tires' started by 7Mary3, Oct 31, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. 7Mary3

7Mary3 Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Current Bike:
    LaPierre Zesty 427 650b
    I was debating between this and the X-Pro version. According to the JensonUSA website these are lighter (740g) compared to the X-Pro version (827g). I knew coming into these tires that they were gonna be slow on the flats, which was expected. I'm not a speed freak, so that is fine with me. I just remember that I had these on my 26 and they were pretty tacky and confidence building around turns.

One thing that I particularly liked (and probably in the minority here) is that on some of the fast downhill doubletracks/FR's, it kept my speed just perfect where I didn't feel the bike just flying downhill and instantly going for the brakes. It could be they are new tires and a lot of grip, but compared to my Nobby Nics (when they were new), these definitely keep the speed in check.

There were some corners and turns at my local trail that I could easily run through without speed checking. Look forward to riding the corners now with these.

Danmtchl and DangerDirtyD like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Hmmm, never seen anyone praise a tire for being slow - but that's definitely a cup-half-full perspective. Nevegals were at the very top of the all-mountain pick list in 2010. Seems they fell out of favor for some reason. Maxxis Minions and High Rollers existed in 2010 also, but they were not all the rage that they are now. Glad you're diggin' you Neves! I've Neve tried them myself...

Danmtchl and DangerDirtyD like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?