Kenda Cup Vail

Discussion in 'Racing' started by DBMX119, Mar 1, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. DBMX119

DBMX119 Member

Name:
    Rick McKee
    Wow.... What a mess. It started raining out there last night and didn't stop all day. BUT what a great time! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I ended up breaking a chain on the second lap. I fixed it in the mud and finished the race.

So here is the question: The MTB community, and parks FREAK out when there's rain and close all the trails/tell everyone to stay off them because they don't want to damage the trail system. Yet, MTB races like this one are rain or shine and they don't think twice about sending several hundred racers out on the course. How is that OK? Vail got some pretty big damage today. I've got some before and after shots of one of the trails I'll try to post later.

2. fatboyone

fatboyone Newbie with Hope!

I am pretty sure Vail Lake is private property, which means different rules. I just spent 3 days out at Glen Helen racing Motos in the mud, it is also private.

3. DBMX119

DBMX119 Member

Name:
    Rick McKee
    Yeah, but no one cares about moto and mud. I came up through that and often raced in the rain. Plus the bike got pressure washed after every ride (gotta be clean!).

A few of us (moto guys) were just having some laughs today about how a lot of people don't think mountain bikes should be lightly washed with a hose very often (or at all) and how people get pissed when someone rides on trails too close to rain, but races are rain or shine. :lol: