Just Free’ed a 3 Foot Gopher Snakes life!

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by Mikie, Jun 8, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Did not have time to take pics.
    But Cathy and I had to snip a Sh!t ton of that stupid nylon tree netting to keep birds out of your fruit trees off a completely entangle gopher snake. I thought he was dead! He was not moving even when I picked him up. He must have been totally exhausted! The poor guy! The netting was wrapped around a shrub and he was completely immobile, have no idea how long he was stuck in it. To the point it was around his mouth and he could not open it. Strand by strand for 20 minutes cutting it off the poor feller. Down to the “so tight” points we had to get a pair of tweezers to lift it up to cut with scissors. By the time we were done he was trying to squirm out of my hands making it even harder!

Man! Feel like Wild Kingdom! Still buzzing after saving that guys life. I would have just died if it killed him. We took all that BS off our property just now and shredded it an tossed it.

I tried to give him water in a shallow pan but he would have none of that...

Feels good! The day was worth living!

herzalot, SnakeCharmer, CBone and 6 others like this.
  2. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Bring him down, I’ve got a gopher(s) in my back yard he can munch on. If he offs the gophers then it’s fillet mignon for a week, same offer I gave to Rusty. He will be a three foot long fat cat when he leaves my place.

herzalot and Mikie like this.
  3. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    You're a good man @Mikie! :inlove::thumbsup::cool:

herzalot and Mikie like this.