I used to crash every other ride....

Discussion in 'Crash Confessions' started by Torrent77, Sep 28, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Torrent77

Torrent77 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    It got to a point that I was about to give up the sport when my buddy rode my bike and asked why I didn't adjust the reach on the brakes. I had the X0 and they were super grippy and the reach was adjusted so far out so that my hand was slightly open which caused a lot of unstability in the ride. They stopped very well, but it was on a hair trigger. After adjusted them closer to the bars where I could grip the handlebar tightly while still having 1 finger on the lever.

Knock on wood, I haven't crashed yet and it had also boosted my confidence which has taken away the back spasm cause by gripping the bars too tightly and putting increase pressure on my shoulders.

This is my confession.. I will recite 2 hail Marys for my boneheadedness.

DangerDirtyD, herzalot, Mikie and 6 others like this.
  2. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    throw in an Our Father for good measure.

3. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    My brake contact point is very close to the bar. But I don't use my brakes. I'm just that good! :oops: :Roflmao

@Torrent77 Where are your brake levers in relation to your grip? Are they inboard quite a bit (an inch or more), or clamped close to your grip?

4. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    And a couple of awsh!ts for the halibut.

LLPoolJ likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?