I Rode My Bike Today...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by herzalot, Feb 17, 2015.

1. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer MTB Addict

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Salsa/Trek/Kona
    Makes me wanna cry. Our beloved rabbit of 9 years looked a bit like yours in coloring. But happy Easter everyone!!!

2. bvader

bvader Well-Known Member

Name:
    Stephen
    Pretty Sure I saw that Rabbit in MPATHG...

(@SnakeCharmer sorry for your loss... but ALOTBSOL )

I had a little orange miniature Canadian Rex at one point

Runs with Scissors likes this.
  3. Oaken

Oaken Well-Known Member

Name:
    CeeJay
    we used to have a rabbit too. His name was Stu.
    Happy Easter!

4. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer MTB Addict

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Salsa/Trek/Kona
    I did an itty-bitty recovery ride today. More like a recon mission to see if GSC is indeed repaired and open for riding. All fixed up and super fun like it was before the rain destroyed it. If that trail was 20-30 miles long, I would never ride anywhere else. It's that fun, but it's only about 1.9 miles long.

The lizards certainly were out today in force! :eek:

IMG_0924.jpg

5. rossage

rossage MTB Addict

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    I had a rabbit too! It tasted good but not great.:(

6. UPSed

UPSed MTB Addict

Name:
    Edward Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO Plus
    Tastes like chicken.

7. herzalot

herzalot MTB Addict

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    Bunny looks sad... Probably because he didn't get to do The Luge! :(

8. herzalot

herzalot MTB Addict

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Oh and I rode my bike today too. Met up with two friends and busted out a Whiting-Luge-Whiting run. Fun as always! A little warm, but totally tolerable. No snakes. No rabbits. No crashes. No Wahoos.

Cheers and Happy Easter All!

PS: My wife's friend is home today. No concussion. Broken rib is starting to make itself known. Facial contusion and fractures being tended to. Thank you all for the positive vibes and prayers. It matters, and it helps! :thumbsup: :)

9. Faust29

Faust29 MTB Addict

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Chameleon & Dead Highball
    I've done this a few times and the pictures still show up. I've had success deleting the upload in the list below the edit window.

10. RS VR6

RS VR6 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lee
    Current Bike:
    Banshee Shartfire/Chiner 29r
    Lol...where does the Creek of Dhoom actually start? Coming down the small hill towards the Mash site...it got pretty sandy in some spots. The rails on the concrete bridge got washed out. As you continue to ride in...you can see what the water left behind. A couple parts of the rock got changed. One of the off camber rock sections got changed. It where the trail curves left...you can go wide on the right ride now. Then a bit farther in...there is a small...steep roller...I recall it used to be rocks...but now its loose dirt. On the way out...make sure you're on the correct gear...I wasn't expecting it. Going through there...a plus bike would have been a plus.

We went past the MASH site and hooked a right at the manhole. Went down to the gate. It used to be pretty quiet over there, now there is a bunch of debris and it stinks.

Its nothing real epic. Not much elevation...and when you're in the park...there are tons of hikers on the weekend. The MASH site is pretty cool if you've never been there.

11. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb MTB Addict

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner rip 9
    I rode my bike friday. Marshall, Webb loop.
    Bikes are fun.

SnakeCharmer, herzalot, Oaken and 6 others like this.
  12. UPSed

UPSed MTB Addict

Name:
    Edward Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO Plus
    Saturday I rode over to JRA from Simi. Headed up Heart Attack down Babyheads up Albertson a lap of China Flat down Palo and Bones then across Shepherd Flats Gas Pipe down Las Virgenes Coyote back over into Cheeseboro then over to the shop. The mustard weed is out of control! Ended up with 23.2 miles and 3136'.20170415_104255-1612x1209.jpg 20170415_105043-1612x1209.jpg 20170415_104944-2016x1512.jpg 20170415_103127-1612x1209.jpg 20170415_103130-1612x1209.jpg 20170415_105043-1612x1209.jpg

Sunday we didn't have a lot of time so Jennifer and I headed over to our local easy fire road out and back. It's a little over 7 miles round-trip and mostly downhill all the way back. I usually give Jennifer a 30 second head start then reel her in. I might have to shorten that head start as I didn't catch her until halfway down! As she heard me coming up behind her she started throwing blocks coming out of the turns! Not that I couldn't get around her but I would have really had to push it! Never thought chasing your wife down a fire road could be so much fun! I'm glad to see she is getting closer to her old self again. Ended up with 7.1 miles and 695'. 20170416_114518.jpg 20170416_114304-1612x1209.jpg

13. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS
    I agree.....that is typical behavior on our Thursday afternoon Blackstar rides. If I let her out too far....even by a few seconds, it's tough to catch up to my wife.

14. konakc

konakc Well-Known Member

Name:
    kc
    hey you Suckers! I got to ride the Floop today!!!

Fueledbyex8, Cornholio, kioti and 5 others like this.
  15. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD MTB Addict

Name:
    Dennis (AKA Dio)
    Current Bike:
    2013 Trek Slash 9 (26er)
    IMG_2625.JPG
    IMG_2626.JPG California Southern Railroad through Temescal Canyon. Totally utilitarian ride. Bikes are helpful.
    IMG_2627.JPG
    If a GPS unit costs the client $90/day, I should get to charge at least that much for use of the bike.

16. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley LS
    Got in my usual Lizard Fenceline after work loop on Friday. Sheriff chopper was searching for something; green, if I had to guess.

IMG_9496.JPG

My own personal super bloom:

IMG_9497.JPG IMG_9498.JPG

17. Faust29

Faust29 MTB Addict

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Chameleon & Dead Highball
    Welcome back, DDD! :thumbsup:

18. SingleTrackJB

SingleTrackJB Well-Known Member

Name:
    SingleTrackRider
    15 miles, 2200 ft or so. Started from Newport Coast shopping plaza, up the road, Fenceline, down Moro ridge all the way down to BFI. That downhill, although a fireroad, is still one of the best out there view wise. Also that side of El Moro is still in full bloom. Then up via the middle, Mach 1 (which has been transformed again into the 45 MPH MTB highway it always was ), then No Name Ridge back (one of the harder climbs in the park, at least for me), back down the road home (making sure not to get mowed down by SUVs)

IMG_1513.JPG

19. herzalot

herzalot MTB Addict

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    THIS is the essence of the thread! Those multi-photo ride reports are worthy of their own thread under ride reports!

TFPU - Bikes are fun!

20. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer MTB Addict

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Salsa/Trek/Kona
    LOL, go Jennifer!!! :cool:

Tom the Bomb, UPSed and mtnbikej like this.
  21. da big hills

da big hills Well-Known Member

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    Finally back on the trail after 4 days off. Last week I did 6 of 7 and then it starts. They tried to keep me late at work so I gave them an hour, there was no way I was going to skip 5 days
    Happy back in the saddle again sunset trails.

22. Danimal

Danimal MTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Rocky Mountain Altitude
    Rode my bike today, usual whiting loop from the house. Great fun and was completely in the zone. Bikes are freaking fun!!!!

23. bvader

bvader Well-Known Member

Name:
    Stephen
    I did an Late Afternoon LCWP ride Lizards Run Plus 2x Ole Emerald Slay Ride. Lizards is fun, and you can push it in the afternoon (with a bell) I rode OE pretty hard then realized I didn't open the susp all the way, so what the heck lets do it again, peeled of 10 sec and did a 2:18 ... 1 sec off PR, I have 7 runs within 3 secs and I want that new PR on the Bronson pretty bad, guess I need to push a leetle more. I know OE is short, but to Me... its 140 sec of full on fun!

Oh yeah.. and Damn we live in a nice place, love this Spring afternoons, a ride to wash away the day.

IMG_20170417_185219.jpg Snip20170418_1.png

24. herzalot

herzalot MTB Addict

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Quick afternoon spin for me too. It's am so fortunate that I have access to runs the quality of 5-Oaks and Rock-It that can be bagged in under an hour! I have to drive 15-20 mins. each way, but that's not bad.

Bikes are fun!!!!! And score another for TECRIL!

25. bvader

bvader Well-Known Member

Name:
    Stephen
    Aliso is close to me after work. I need to learn the 5-Oaks Loop, last week I did the Rock-it Meadows combo.

26. herzalot

herzalot MTB Addict

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Regardless of where you start (Alicia Parkway, Canyon Vistas or Alta Laguna), Meadows (and Mentally Sensitive) adds quite a bit of time when in a hurry with a long traverse to get there and to get back. Now that the construction lads are preventing riders from entering the connector it's off the menu on weekdays between 8 and 5.

Canyon Vistas is very close to the 73 toll road, so easy access. You start with a neighborhood climb to 5 Oaks (either going through the gated Peppertree community or negotiating the trail behind the houses). Neither is technically legal. The only legal way to enjoy 5-Oaks is to push up the trail and then ride down. No one does that. Google Canyon View Park in Aliso Viejo or 5-Oaks Trail. Satellite view will tell you what you need to know.

Starting at Canyon Vistas gives you quick access to most of the toughest legal trails in the park in a small space (5-Oaks, Car Wreck, Stair Steps) and a few off-menu delights that I do not ride. It's also home to the moderate-but-fun Rock-It and Lynx trails.

Good stuff!

Luis, bvader, littlewave and 7 others like this.
  27. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS
    I ride last night with my wife. Tuesday at the Oaks. With OTH fast approaching, we only have a few more Tuesdays to ride together.

I set the route, she set the pace. We met up with Hugh going up Coachwhip. We then dropped down Deer. At the bottom of Deer on a short steep up, I dabbed to prevent bumping into my wife's back wheel. Hugh saw it, laughed and said he was gonna call his ride on a Strava "I saw the magic happen". Well, not 2 minutes later on the climb on Deer, he clipped my back wheel and fell over. I wanted to laugh soooo hard, but couldn't breath. Apparently the magic was happening behind me. My wife being out front could hear the melee behind, but was bummed she didn't get to see it.

Otherwise fun times.

Faust29, Luis, pperrelle and 7 others like this.
  28. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS
    It was also wild kingdom out at Oaks. Witness 2 lizards dancing around with each other....as well as a tarantula hawk dragging a tarantula to its den. Very awesome.

29. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer MTB Addict

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Salsa/Trek/Kona
    I am hoping one day to witness the actual battle between the wasp and the spider.

pperrelle likes this.
  30. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS
    Yeah, I think we missed the battle by just a few moments. However it was awesome to watch it drag the spider 10x its own body weight.

IMG_2734.PNG

Fanatic, Faust29, Luis and 8 others like this.