I Rode My Bike Today...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by herzalot, Feb 17, 2015.

1. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Highball Al SS
    Nice job heading out for a somewhat blind adventure. It wasn't what you thought it would be, but still an adventure......that is what makes this game so fun.

Cornholio, rossage, Mikie and 5 others like this.
  2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Highball Al SS
    It's been a long couple of weeks and I seem to tired....so I chose to forego Pioneer Town to sleep in and stay local.

Slept in, had breakfast and tried to come up with a mid size ride. Finally decided on home to Blackstar to Sierra Peak to Coal to Oaks. Rolled out at 9:45, and within 15 mins it was clear that route wasn't going to happen. Tired legs and I've been dealing with a cranky ankle. Well both were present this morning.....front and center. Got into the Oaks and heard the sirens and saw the firetruck pull into Oaks. Moments later heard the chopper. My wife was in the park early getting her ride on, so checked in with her. Sprinted up Oak Trail to meet up with her. We rode together a little bit, then we parted ways.

I continued on hoping the legs would wake up. Well it was getting warm, the park was clearing out and it was noon. Pushed on a little more and got over 3K' so I called it a day.

Some of the trails have been brushed. Some trails are already starting to show dead/brown brush.....losing the greens he have become used to this year.

Still a fun day on the bike.

Screenshot (166).png Screenshot (167).png

3. Postal Pat

Postal Pat Well-Known Member

Name:
    patrick
    Current Bike:
    kona hei hei
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-uygMj34HxHNkZ1cTdvb3F1MFU/view?usp=drivesdk
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-uygMj34HxHYXhYX1ZzQTgzNzg/view?usp=drivesdk
    Made it out for a golden eagle run Friday, it was cold windy and the trees were covered in frost at the top. As usual that trail never disappoints, a few downed trees put only one that you had to get off the bike for, but still an awesome time. I haven't edited the gopro footage yet but a couple of minutes will give an idea of what it was like

4. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer MTB Addict

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Salsa/Trek/Kona
    I rode today.

Backbone, Encinal to Mishe Mokwa and back. Went OTB on the steep rocky chute drop part of the bypass, was able to bail into the bushes to cushion my fall. Got a mild bloody knee cap from the ordeal. I always fly into that section with too much speed to slow down enough to maintain control. Anyway, had a great ride. Lots of riders out and a few hikers, too.

20.22 miles
    2:14:48 ride time
    9.0mph av speed
    2429' elevation gain
    1371 calories

IMG_0891.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0895.JPG

IMG_0896.JPG

IMG_0898.JPG

5. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors MTB Addict

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    2015 Giant XTC Advanced 1 29er
    Actually yesterday. Wife and I headed off to Zion NP for a couple days. Hiked the Riverside Trail at the Narrows end of Zion Canyon Thursday; her knee isn't up to much of that.

But Friday she wanted to ride - that doesn't bother her knee at all. So we took the road bikes from Springdale to the Pa'rus trail to the end of Zion Canyon Scenic Drive. Leisurely ride with pic stops galore. But damn we had a good time.
    20170414_095840.jpg

Where's my shotgun when I need it? This guy walked right in front of my wife. Cocky bastard. :laugh:
    20170414_121138.jpg

Views to die for.
    20170414_111515.jpg

If you go, take a bike. Never take the shuttle. :thumbsup::thumbsup::geek:

6. Mikie

Mikie Admin/MTB Addict

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    @Voodoo Tom
    Go into edit, then more options. You have uploaded some duplicate pics.... :)

7. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Highball Al SS
    We did that in winter many years ago.....frozen waterfalls, and absolutely nobody out there. Great ride. :thumbsup:

8. Grego

Grego MTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    The Fully Loop group text was going off with a Super Loop invite. How could I say no. Good chance to ride with some buddies I haven't seen for a while and get some miles in. Unfortunately some who showed interest did not show.:( Three of us did however,@BeckTrex , Ricky, plus a new guy. A couple bad crashes were had early on but they shook it off and continued on. They will be sore tomorrow. Bikes were OK.;) On top of the Super Loop we threw in the Urban Assault. I knew this would get me around 30 miles or so since I rode from my house. The miles started to stack up as the weather got warm. Uneventful from here on out, just riding. The new guy peeled off first though but was stoked to ride with us on a different Floop. Mark peeled off next from Panorama towards his house as he also rode from home. Ricky set a new record for Floop miles in a day :thumbsup:. Great time riding with the crew! At that point I decided to go for 40 miles and pressed on. Then at mile 34, I made a route in my head that would get me past 50. Linking some stuff we didn't ride before. Still had energy and water in the pack. It seems I took it easy all day and never really got tired. Not bad for a day at the Floop.:cool:

floop 4-15-17.jpg

9. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Pick one, got a few
    Brothah I've tried to no avail...

10. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Tom - you have to not just edit the post, but go into "More Options" and in that screen delete the uploaded extra files down at the bottom of the available screen. Then save the changes.

11. Grego

Grego MTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Backspace the unwanted attachment AND delete the unwanted upload. Then save changes.

delete.jpg

12. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Pick one, got a few
    Ok I'll try yet again from the puter this time.:thumbsup: If not Mikie can just fix it for me...

13. Mikie

Mikie Admin/MTB Addict

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    Okay, I'll figure it out.

14. herzalot

herzalot MTB Addict

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    @Voodoo Tom That's a ride report worthy of its own ride report, beyond the scope of this little thread. Nice work.

15. tortoise

tortoise Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Trying to up my game...

Screenshot_20170415-200117.png

Saw about 3 of these little guys today(zoom in) there about one inch long.
    20170415_115438.jpg

Dreaded Hill wall of flowers
    20170415_105301.jpg

16. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion Well-Known Member

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    @Voodoo Tom Love the pic of the middle finger to Kaiser. Nice work on the ride too!

17. Mikie

Mikie Admin/MTB Addict

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    That's a new one... a "scope" Nazi! :Roflmao

@Voodoo Tom ,
    I think I fixed your pics. Let me know bud! :)

18. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Pick one, got a few
    Looks good to me, thanks...

19. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion Well-Known Member

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    @Fueledbyex8 and I introduced our pals Juan and @Andy to SART....I think they liked it.
    After the ride we dropped by @Cyclotourist 's recommended pizza and beer spot. Good stuff!

IMG_1938.JPG

IMG_1945.JPG

20. Redman

Redman Well-Known Member

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Nomad CC 27.5
    Hit up LCWP/El Moro this morning with the rest of OC. Open access on the side north of the toll road and an endurance run on the beach side of the park had ridge park full of cars by 730. Hit up lizards first, good run o. The top 1/2 then hit some slower riders. And about a dozen hikers spread out along the bottom. Up willow and took Bonner all the way over too water tank the down cow trail. Was having a fun run down cow trail. Then at about 1/2 way through I was climbing around a bend with poor sight lines. And, right at the last moment a guy coming right at me, I shouted at him but it was too late he plowed right into head on without even hitting the brakes. I snashed my fingers pretty good. The bike was fine, just some tire marks on my fork. The guy that ran into me tweaked his bars a bit. No harm no foul. He was with two other riders. So we chatted for a bit while he wrenched on his bike. And we talked about how it's only a matter of time that a head on would happen. Rode to the end of cow and back out. Over to and down Old Emerald and climbed out emerald canyon. The rode over to fence line. Took that all the way then went over to ticketron. Ticketron is severely overgrown right. I mean bad. And then pedaled up pacific ridge back the car. 17 mikes and 2500'. Nothing spectacular today. Glad the head on wasn't worse. So grateful to get to ride my bike today.

21. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist MTB Addict

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Everyone's a winner!!!

22. pperrelle

pperrelle Well-Known Member

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Mojo HD3, Ibis Tranny
    Got up early for a quick Easter morning Whiting ride. Added a couple of climbs to pick up some elevation. Only saw one other bike and a handful of hikers out there. Good way to start the Easter holiday.
    IMG_0115.PNG
    Heading up towards Vista
    IMG_4342.JPG
    View from Vista
    IMG_4343.JPG IMG_4344.JPG
    Quick stop at Mark's bench
    IMG_4346.JPG IMG_4347.JPG

23. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    As planned, I got up and headed out to the bottom of GMR, to ride Monroe Truck Trail. I was totally amazed... normally on such a fine Sunday morning you'd see parked cars lined up for a good half mile. Today? I was the only one.o_O Must have something to do with it being Easter. :geek: No roadie hall passes.

I went up GMR...It's a consistent 6-8% grade for 8 miles.

The rain has changed the character of MTT - for the better! Other than the fireroad stuff at the top being recently scraped.

Somewhat more challenging on the top third of singletrack; it has the feeling of riding on ball bearings, ruts forcing you up on the edge, and fun.
    20170416_092500.jpg

20170416_093118.jpg

The bottom through the stream bed is a riot. 6 water crossings, some deeper than they look, and much more difficult than before. I managed to ride through it all, and around all the hikers with their extended leashes, and never put a foot down. :thumbsup: No pics because I was enjoying it too much to stop. :sneaky:

17.7 miles.
    2,600 feet.
    6 cars and 5 motos on GMR.
    Hordes of hikers.
    7 or 8 mtb climbing MTT.
    2 hours of bliss. :)

24. rossage

rossage MTB Addict

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Was this close to joining you @Runs with Scissors. Just didn't feel like driving that far. No one wanted to ride AT so I just did a fireroad grinder up Mt Lukens...

2017-04-16 12.04.30.jpg

25. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer MTB Addict

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Salsa/Trek/Kona
    Yeah, the creek bed needed to be rerouted when i was there a month or so ago. Hopefully a new path through there is being bedded in now.

Tom the Bomb, Mikie, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  26. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer MTB Addict

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Salsa/Trek/Kona
    How was the weather up at the towers today?

Up Haines or up from Hwy 2?

27. RS VR6

RS VR6 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lee
    Current Bike:
    Banshee Shartfire/Chiner 29r
    Malipoo Creek. All the rain in January wrecked the area pretty good.

IMG_20170415_165202176.jpg

IMG_20170415_170146515.jpg

IMG_20170415_175344214.jpg

IMG_20170415_170841587.jpg

28. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer MTB Addict

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Salsa/Trek/Kona
    To this day, I still have never ridden there.

Tom the Bomb and Mikie like this.
  29. H2oChick

H2oChick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Kay
    Nice Easter ride with a friend through Whiting. Planned on going to the Luge but we were running late. Even the Easter Bunny had a good time.

IMG_0434a.jpg

30. UPSed

UPSed MTB Addict

Name:
    Edward Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO Plus
    How's the Creek of Doom @RS VR6?

Tom the Bomb and Mikie like this.