Hey all...

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Paul Schmidt, May 5, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I'd bet it was our lack of love for motorbikes.

mike, StrandLeper, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  2. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Speaking of motorbikes @Mikie & I got passed by a hoard of them today at Tapia. They were all padded up and in full face helmets. All were very cordial and so were we but Mikie was concerned that he was out of shape and going too slow and then I told him what they were. They really are getting stealthy. Either way we smoked em on the downhills.

3. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Smoked em......
    I wanted to hate their bikes but they were all so nice. :unsure:

mike, Cyclotourist, herzalot and 3 others like this.
  4. tbarnesarc

tbarnesarc Well-Known Member

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Waiting to see if PBR actually did pull the trigger.... Those who know him have been hearing this claim for the past couple of years.:eek: @Paul Schmidt post pics, or it didn't happen...:)

mike, Danimal, herzalot and 2 others like this.

5. Welcome,
    oh Mustard. I run it twice a week and it seems to be harder every time. Actually during the crazy wet season it was harder every time for 2 months straight. Good luck

mike and Mikie like this.
  6. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    ...and just like that, we're back on topic.

mike and Mikie like this.
  7. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    I wouldn't count on it...just sayin'

mike, herzalot, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  8. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Had to check this thread again and... nada from PBR... Looks like another case of the boy who cried wolf for the umpteenth time. Those who know him were hoping he'd actually quit pushing air for once and pull the trigger. Oh well. :whistling:

mike, mtnbikej and Mikie like this.
  9. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Hey, Paul/PBR, if you're not a poseur I welcome you to IMTBTrails. :)

10. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Yikes! You said that out loud.... :confused:

11. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Oh gawd Herz :p I was hoping he'd actually follow through for once. My tone was out of disappointment (yet again) and nothing more. He's a fun guy to ride with after all.

12. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I still have faith! :bang:

Cornholio, Mikie and DangerDirtyD like this.
  13. Paul Schmidt

Paul Schmidt Member

Name:
    "PBR"
    Current Bike:
    Giant Stance 1.5
    Ah, the memories come flooding back. Especially since @herzalot will never let me live down the chain whip incident.

Always the chain whip incident.

But yes, his list is indeed accurate, as is his reference to the many stories we have created: the broken arm, the rising sun (one of my shining moments) and of course the pièce de résistance...the burying of the SunTour fork. Still bummed someone took that monument of grandeur down...certainly had more character than the stacked yoga rocks that seem to be everywhere. I don’t recall the forgotten shoes incident…….oh wait, nevermind. Crap.

@Danimal ...good to see you again my friend and yes we will ride soon. To everyone else that welcomed me back, thank you for the notes. It is indeed great to be back in the swing of things again. I look forward to seeing you all out there soon.

Much to Herz's joy, I did indeed come through on getting the bike and am happy with the addition. With an uncomfortable amount of business travel however, I have only had the opportunity to tinker in the garage getting it set up so far...and yet to have it out for its maiden voyage. Although that probably has more to do with a subconscious awareness that my hide is a tad out of shape to go steaming up any mountain off the bat. Therefore, I am working on some conditioning and training before I get out there in front of you all and end up looking like the village idiot.

Anway, more humor and fun to be had soon. Good to see you all again.

PBR
    "Hold my beer..."

IMG_9904.JPG

mike, Danimal, pperrelle and 7 others like this.
  14. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Nice rig, PBS, and I'm glad you followed through.

I still think that particular 2009, 2010 color scheme was among the very best that Yeti ever offered. The frame shape still looks relevant to the trail/enduro super trail slayers of today. Yeti had it right from the start of its 575 series. 150 mm rear travel, short-ish chainstays, slack-ish head angle and long-ish top tubes with plenty of standover clearance. Room for a water bottle on the proper side of the downtube. The seat tube angle probably should have been a touch steeper.

I will suggest a shorter stem. I may have one we can slap on there, depending on the h-bar diameter. If that's an XL, at your height, you can afford to drop to a 60-70mm stem to improve the bike's handling and give you less of that "going over the bars" feeling.

I will help you tune the suspension this weekend if you wish.

Get out there and ride. You won't be the only one walking up Mustard.

mike, Paul Schmidt, pperrelle and 4 others like this.
  15. Paul Schmidt

Paul Schmidt Member

Name:
    "PBR"
    Current Bike:
    Giant Stance 1.5
    I would welcome that pal. And yes, I was specifically looking for that particular color scheme. That always just screamed Yeti to me.

Lets connect this weekend. I need to do some adjusting, as my skills are somewhat out of tune as well when it comes to the tweaking of the suspension. It is an XL and yes, there are a number of things I need to adjust to it before heading out. You've got the number, let me know your availability.

mike, Faust29, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  16. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Well tabernacle up there ^ is eating his words now!

Congrats on the new rig and rebirth into the riding world, kinda like a phoenix if you will.

17. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    My 2009 Yeti 575:
    IMG_0536.JPG

Before going 2x and adding a chain tensioner. Oh and a DHX shock. And XTR Trail brakes. And XTR Shadow-Plus rear derailleur, and...

mike, Cornholio, Paul Schmidt and 5 others like this.
  18. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Well, the words are on the plate, but he doesn't have to eat them until our man PBR - the hero of this thread - gets that bike on the trail and starts riding.

I am confident it will happen. :thumbsup:

mike, pperrelle, Mikie and 1 other person like this.
  19. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    I was referring to the original comment about pulling the trigger on the bike and posting a picture of it. I don't know tabernacle, just poking the bear. ;)

"Waiting to see if PBR actually did pull the trigger.... Those who know him have been hearing this claim for the past couple of years.:eek: Paul Schmidt post pics, or it didn't happen...:)"

mike, pperrelle and Mikie like this.
  20. Paul Schmidt

Paul Schmidt Member

Name:
    "PBR"
    Current Bike:
    Giant Stance 1.5
    The hero of the thread is planning on getting it out there this weekend. And admittedly, during my absence I did reference the desire to come back many times, but often fell short of delivering. So the shots across the bow are well deserved. Now I have the kid off to college and lots of free time to do my thing. So no confidence needed gang, just assurance that you will see me out there. The itch shall be scratched...and I mean that metaphorically of course...

or not. It depends on what shorts I wear.

or if the salve works.

or the antibiotics.

just sayin.

PBR

21. Paul Schmidt

Paul Schmidt Member

Name:
    "PBR"
    Current Bike:
    Giant Stance 1.5
    I remember that beast.

herzalot and Cornholio like this.
  22. Paul Schmidt

Paul Schmidt Member

Name:
    "PBR"
    Current Bike:
    Giant Stance 1.5
    lol....gotta love T.

I certainly didn't want to let you down brother. So when you're done playing Ansel Adams over there or fidgeting with your drones...let me know when you can ride you beast you. o_O

herzalot likes this.
  23. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    But do you remember this:
    IMG_0760.JPG

DangerDirtyD, MolarM and tbarnesarc like this.
  24. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    tabernacle huh? That's a first...:laugh:;)

Actually Esteban is the Ansel Adams or Chris Chris Burkard since he bought a bike again months ago, hasn't ridden it much and yet has traveled to Iceland to shoot. :p I sold the drone as well. Yet another thing dumb ass Laguna Beach City Council is about to (try) and ban. They'll be handed a class action suit in few months guaranteed but I digress. Back on topic, I have been riding 2-3 days week big fella... I'm down any day after work or on the weekend foo. o_O

mike, MolarM, Cornholio and 1 other person like this.
  25. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    mike likes this.
  26. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    And get off my grass while you're at! o_O

mike and Runs with Scissors like this.
  27. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    That 303RDH was the most fun to ride DH shred sled ever. Loved riding that thing a few times.

herzalot likes this.
  28. Paul Schmidt

Paul Schmidt Member

Name:
    "PBR"
    Current Bike:
    Giant Stance 1.5
    Yep, the twins. I remember when you got the second. I take it the 303 is no longer?

herzalot likes this.
  29. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    I must give credit to my iPhone autocorrect for that but I liked it and used it as suggested!

tbarnesarc and mike like this.
  30. MolarM

MolarM Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    Actually Esteban is the Ansel Adams or Chris Chris Burkard since he bought a bike again months ago, hasn't ridden it much and yet has traveled to Iceland to shoot. :p I sold the drone as well. Yet another thing dumb ass Laguna Beach City Council is about to (try) and ban. They'll be handed a class action suit in few months guaranteed but I digress. Back on topic, I have been riding 2-3 days week big fella... I'm down any day after work or on the weekend foo. o_O[/QUOTE]

We saw Burkard's presentation of "Iceland-Surfing under the Northern Lights" in San Clemente about a month ago. It was awesome! Amazing photography and drone footage

tbarnesarc and mike like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?