Help for Palm Canyon Epic on Friday

Discussion in 'Trails' started by StrandLeper, Mar 13, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. StrandLeper

StrandLeper Well-Known Member

Name:
    Timothy M. Ryan
    Current Bike:
    SC Bronson 1x/Pivot 429 1x xtr
    Gonna be up there too. Dropping off folks at the convention center, then heading up to the HUB Cyclery for local 411 / trail conditions and maps. Planned Rolling on the trails at 10ish.

hill^billy and mtnbikej like this.
  2. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Droping the wife off at 7:30 and then driving back to Desert Hot Springs 1/2 hour away for breakfast , then heading up there, 10 sounds doable. I just hope I can find the trail head, I hope it is marked? PM me your # if you and your son want more company and I'll call you in the morning?

3. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

I'll look at the alternate trail you are talking about and decide in the morning, normaly I only venture on stuff like this with guys like you who know exactly where they are going, out and backs are a safe first time bet when you are alone, or a new territorial ride. To bad we couldn't hook up! Thnks for all the info Mike!

4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Woohoo, great to know. Agree, out/back is safe. This trail is very easy to navigate, especially if refer to the simple map I posted. And that little bonus ST is actually easier to find than the upper end of Ramona Trail (which starts as a dirt road with no sign behind the bathroom).

Next time!!!!

Have a great ride up there, Strand and HB. I'm holding vigil in OC foothills, got reeled in by the boss...

5. StrandLeper

StrandLeper Well-Known Member

Name:
    Timothy M. Ryan
    Current Bike:
    SC Bronson 1x/Pivot 429 1x xtr
    Morning drop offs lagged, so I took son up,to Idyllwild to do their trail circuit so that the mileage was more contained. Stopped at the Hub Cyclery for more 411. Temps perfect. Hub folks cool. Trails ridiculously well maintained. Some very difficult to climb soft sections, super fun rollers through the forest with rock problems interspersed throughout. I was blown away by the quality of these trails. Buckthorn maintenance was impressive. Fire road linking the trails. Super fun time.

IMG_5688.JPG

IMG_5672.JPG

IMG_5690.JPG

IMG_5701.JPG

6. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    I need to hit those trails, never done it

littlewave likes this.
  7. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    Nice!

Like the Luiqigas Kit .We used to giggle when Phil and Paul would say it as it sounded like... Leaky Gas....

Do you happen to have a Strava or GPS for the route you did?

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  8. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    YES, great trails up there. The saturday group ride is good with Hub store. Hurkey creek is slowly re opening, will have to check what is still closed.

http://www.imtbtrails.com/forum/threads/idyllwild-some-of-the-best-in-socal.1365/

mike likes this.
  9. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    You obviously exceeded your stoke quota for this month. As penance, you must do the FLoop. :sick:

Looks like I need to get out there my own self.

mike likes this.
  10. Mrtahiti80

Mrtahiti80 Member

Name:
    abe
    Palm Canyon was amazing on thursday! Probably the best I've seen the wash. Ever. Just perfect!