Golden Eagle Trail Ride & Trail Maint This Saturday

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by Mikie, Jan 8, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    The IBIS Crew had such an awesome time last weekend on Golden Eagle that we are going to do it again this Saturday at 10:00am.

Afterwards, we are going to conduct about an hour maybe an hour and a half of serious trail maintenance with "DUELING BEASTS" :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's right! You heard it here first. Two Beast knocking it our of the park. I got mine back for the repair shop today and ready to go kick some azz!

If you want to ride, then do some trail maintenance, please join us (there may be a brew . . . or two).

A pitch fork and gloves are all that's really needed (maybe some safety glasses to protect from shrub shrapnel . . . :lol: )

Say what the "H" and come out and have an awesome day of ride and trail cleaning!

Thanks you guys!
    Mikie

2. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    Dang, Mikie I can't be there for the dueling BEASTS! Still shaking off a cold/flu/whatever and won't be recovered enough to make it! Thanks for resuscitating the beast and working the trail! I saw another beast on Duck Dynasty recently. Godwin hit too much dirt and rock and killed the beast. He should watch your beast taming video so he doesn't abuse another one! I'll catch the next beast release!

Mikie likes this.
  3. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Hah! First off feel better buddy!

Second, of anyone, you of all people deserve a kitchen pass to not do trail work. You are ALWAYS out trimming on Golden Eagle or 5 Deer so no worries about that...

Just get better bud so we can hit the new and improved G.E. After this weekend. :cool: :cool: :cool:

4. j-chap

j-chap Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    YETI SB66
    I'll be out there with a couple friends as well

Mikie likes this.
  5. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Son of a bee hive! I'm working on Saturday, I have a pitch fork if anyone would like to barrow it, your going to need it! It's the best I can do. Sorry Mikie, how long has this been posted? Bummed! Thanks guys, thats awesome anyway, we should try and keep it up for another few days to knock it out of the park. Two good of a trail to let nature recover it.
    Oh, and are there 2 beasts?

Mikie likes this.
  6. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Did the GE work happen today Mikie? Update?

Mikie likes this.
  7. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    3 chainsaws, 2 Beasts, 6 guys, and 5 hours later; Golden Eagle trail got it's azz kicked in regards to some serious trail maintenance!

We started out doing a ride at 10:00am and it progressively went from dark high clouds to dark low clouds. During the ride it kept spitting light rain drops. We climbed up the road, but I dropped back down the lower singletrack to change and get my BEAST and gas and start from the bottom and work up.

It began to drizzle, and drizzled the whole time we did the trailwork, but we were commited at this point. Iwas soaked, filthy and covered in mud like the others by the time we hiked out and stood around a drank an 805.

Scott trailered his BEAST and a chainsaw on up to the mid trail and started working that section and then headed down the lower singletrack towards me. Josh, Joe (a friend of Josh), and the other Scott followed behind me removing the shrub shrapnel! THE BEAST wasrunning better than it ever has after coming out of the shop.

Shrapnel was FLYING!

We cut a wide swath all the way to, and just past the switchback before the blade finally gave out (I was giving out too!)

Josh and Joe had to split. Scott and I finished up and hiked up to the others who were also spent.

There is a small section just befor Briar Patch that needs trimming but otherwise both Dirt and trail are totally HERO!

Huge thanks go out to Kirk of IBIS, Ken from Tehachapi, Scott of S.C. With his Beast and chainsaw, J-Chap (Josh), and his buddy Joe and Scott of Lebec the singlespeed madman, who all removed tonage of shrub shrapnel!

I have pics but my internet is down so I'll add them later this week!

8. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Oh Yah! :D :D :D Thank you! You rare and hard to find trail workers for your hard work, to put many a :D 's on the faces of us people who have this God given outlet we call Mountain Biking! Waves of appreciation your way! Mikie please if possible, give a little more notice so us weekend working people can ask for a sick day :lol: . THANKS AGAIN! Can't wait to ride it!

Mikie likes this.
  9. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Re: Golden Eagle Trail Ride & Trail Maint This Saturday

Thanks for the hard work guys! Trails here will be a mess the next couple of days. Let's ride it tomorrow Doug!

Mikie likes this.
  10. MTBHotRod

MTBHotRod Member

Name:
    Rodney Thompson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Thanks for the trail work guys. I would've joined you but my Saturday mornings are taken up with the HS mountain bike team. Can't wait to go check out your work.

Mikie likes this.
  11. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

I'm game if we can get Mikie to chime in on how it rides after a rain?

Mikie likes this.
  12. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    Thanks for the great work guys! 2 beasts and multiple chainsaws! :shock: That's like Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan joining forces to attack the twisted brush! Excellent job! :clap:

Mikie likes this.
  13. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Guys, Golden Eagle is like AT.
    It's decomposed granite so it just soaks up the water. I believe that despite the small section prior to the Briar patch, new STRAVA times will be set with this HEEROW Dirt...

14. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Well Ed, should we go survey the boys work, and get the first ride on a freshly beast cut, and some hero dirt to boot? Or is that just a dumb question?

Mikie likes this.
  15. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO

You had me at Well Ed!

Mikie likes this.
  16. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

No pressure ;)

Mikie likes this.
  17. j-chap

j-chap Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    YETI SB66
    What time? With hillbilly I'm guessing 9 at the earliest

Mikie likes this.
  18. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO

10. Doug posted the ride in the trailhead forum. See you there!

Mikie likes this.
  19. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    The Pics I promised you from the Ibis Ride and the Trail Maintenance Pics last week. Here you go!:

IMG-20150110-02826.jpg

IMG-20150110-02825.jpg

IMG-20150110-02824.jpg

IMG-20150110-02823.jpg

IMG-20150110-02822.jpg

IMG-20150110-02821.jpg

IMG-20150110-02820.jpg

IMG-20150110-02819.jpg

IMG-20150110-02818.jpg

IMG-20150110-02817.jpg

IMG-20150110-02816.jpg

IMG-20150110-02815.jpg

IMG-20150110-02814.jpg

IMG-20150110-02813.jpg

IMG-20150110-02812.jpg

IMG-20150110-02811.jpg

IMG-20150110-02810.jpg

IMG-20150110-02809.jpg

IMG-20150104-02808.jpg

IMG-20150104-02806.jpg

IMG-20150104-02805.jpg

IMG-20150104-02802.jpg

IMG-20150104-02801.jpg

IMG-20150104-02800.jpg

IMG-20150104-02799.jpg

IMG-20150104-02798.jpg

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  20. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Missed you out there today Mikie! Of course I am taking FULL advantage of your hard work. Rode it again today with Ross, we fully enjoyed the beautiful flowyness of the nature of your trail. I hope there is a next time for a work detail like the one you just had, so we can do what little is left. Thank you very much! Again :cool: BTW love Scott's trail maintanence wagon, I don't think it would work for AT though.

Mikie likes this.
  21. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Mikie, I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we are sick of your take, take, take attitude without giving anything back to the sport. ;)

OK, I'm lying. Thanks for all you do!

Mikie likes this.
  22. BBJohn

BBJohn Member

Name:
    John
    That is more cars than I have ever seen parked at Sandbergs.
    Awesome, thank you guys for the trailwork. :clap: It looks like the best it has been for awhile. Gotta get up and sample the goods.

Mikie likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?