Golden Eagle Perfection

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by rossage, May 21, 2017.

1. rossage

rossage MTB Addict

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Perfect conditions on GE today!

Burt in the grass

2017-05-21 18.48.50.jpg

More grass perfection

2017-05-21 18.49.30.jpg

Price of perfection

2017-05-21 18.55.23.jpg

Carnitas plate at Lupita's in Castaic
    You guessed it....Perfection!

2017-05-21 18.55.43.jpg

2. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Hugs & cookies too...

3. Mikie

Mikie MTB Addict

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    2012 Yeti ASR 5c
  4. rossage

rossage MTB Addict

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Didn't forget Voodoo's perfect score...

2017-05-21 19.15.50.jpg

The rest of my pics suck so feel.free to post up some more...
    Berni, Burt, Voodoo Tom, Luis, the Mcguires, and me made the trip. No mechanicals, no crashes, just miles of smiles.

5. burt

burt Well-Known Member

Name:
    burt
    GE was sweet! no HAB trees on the plunge. Temps not bad. Lots of other riders are catching wind of Mikies trail, but at least they're nice.

6. Luis

Luis MTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    Big Black 29er
    All I can say is the death of GE by overgrowth and fallen trees was grossly exaggerated...

Here's the proof of the fun times today. Should have taken a picture of the lack of parking at the old Sandberg site. Looks like GE is a popular place for Bakersfield riders as well.

Todays cast of characters, what a motley crew we make.
    IMG_1461.jpg
    Not a cloud in the sky to be seen. Tom and Berni on the fire road climb.IMG_1462.jpg IMG_1463.JPG IMG_1464.JPG IMG_1466.JPG IMG_1467.JPG

You don't have to twist my arm in order to ride ST like this!IMG_1469.JPG IMG_1471.JPG IMG_1472.JPG IMG_1474.JPG IMG_1476.JPG IMG_1480.JPG
    IMG_1478.JPG

7. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Not many pics by me either. I think @Luis was the paparazzi today. What great day on the trail with a great group. Temps were on the warm side but tolerable thanks to the breeze. Typical cruz up the fireroad to the singletrack crossing. 1st section of singletrack was in good shape. The middle/ upper bushwacking section before the little rock garden wasn't in such good shape. Others were going to bypass this section by taking the road up but I convinced them it wasn't in that bad of shape so I led up this section. Bad idea as it was pretty overgrown. About 100 yards in you couldn't really even see the trail and all I could think was hmmm it wasn't like this last time I rode it. Bushwacking drew blood on a couple and somehow I had blood splatters on the outside of my sunsleeves. Got to the next road crossing and mrs McG wasn't too happy with me for choosing that route. I was even temporarily demoted from bff status. Luckily the last remaining roller coaster section before the turn around was primo so Robin was smiling again. Three hauling hardtails took off down the trail till we ran in too hiking traffic. Never seen so many bikes and hikers on GE. Bikers were all friendly and some of the hikers were too except for the last one who threw us all the stink eye. Think he finally warmed up and spoke to a couple even though it pained him to do so on the return trip. Not wanting to deal with the bushwacking section we opted to take the moto section that veers to the right. I've climbed it before and it wasn't much fun but it is now in great shape and it's a blast to descend. The last plunge to the cars was it's normal hoot and this section of trails was in great shape. Somebody even cleared the trees that were blocking the trail on the lower section. Overall trail is in good shape with only 2 trees blocking the trail on the mid section. One of those will easily be cleared with a handsaw and the other has a go around.

C'mon lets go...
    IMG_5817.jpg

Surprise guests...
    IMG_5821.jpg

Luis doing his thing.
    IMG_5822.jpg

8. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb MTB Addict

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner WFO
    Niiiiiice! Ross you are stealing my gig!

9. Mikie Robin Mcguire

Mikie Robin Mcguire Well-Known Member

Name:
    mikie and robin
    Thank you! ♡to my BFFs Rossage, Voodoo Berni, burt. Mcg & me sure needed a great, fun & epik day with our IMTB family. . Yes, Voodoo your still my bff, thank you! ♡ what a wonderful day :) :)

10. rossage

rossage MTB Addict

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    In the absence of our leader, someone had to step up! I lined it up, and these fine folks showed up to the party. Great friends, great time, great trail!

11. UPSed

UPSed MTB Addict

Name:
    Edward Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO Plus
    I saw you mentioned the ride then forgot all about it. Looks like I missed a good one. Next time.

12. scottay

scottay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Scottay
    Looks like its in good shape. I'm off th/fri Ed !

13. UPSed

UPSed MTB Addict

Name:
    Edward Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO Plus
    :thumbsup:

14. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer MTB Addict

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike: