Golden Eagle - April 2nd (this coming Saturday)

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by Andy, Mar 28, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Added to Calendar: 04-02-16
  1. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Name:
    Andy
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    A couple of us are coming up from Orange County - if anyone wants to join us for a social (non-race) paced ride...

It'll be our first time riding GE, so hopefully someone will join us who doesn't mind being a guide ;-)
    Otherwise, expect some exploring...

Ride start time of around 9am

Bluesrider, MrGreedom, Mikie and 5 others like this.
  2. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    I'd love to show you the goods but I have an appt with the accountant to see how much Uncle Sam owes me(hopefully). Wildflowers should be in full bloom and trail should be great so enjoy.

Bluesrider, Mikie, Andy and 1 other person like this.
  3. bigringrider101

bigringrider101 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Berni Avila
    Current Bike:
    Jones Space Frame Ti truss for
    I'll be riding GE sunday. Will gladly show you the way if you can move your plans.

Bluesrider, Mikie, Andy and 1 other person like this.
  4. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Name:
    Andy
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Has to be Saturday for us, but thanks for the offer

5. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    @Andy
    Oh now that is just plain cruel! :)
    I committed to @bigringrider101 that I would meet him up in Kern to do the Kern River Trail. I can't bail on him now.

Suggestion:
    Go here: http://www.imtbtrails.com/forum/threads/golden-eagle.3025/ and download the Golden Eagle Optional .gpx file to your Garmin (bottom of the first post). Go to "History" and use it to navigate G.E. by Garmin.

It will take you down to the fire road climb, up the fire road, to the first singletrack crossing and beyond. I guarantee you will get lost at the next intersection but not to the point you will die in the woods! You will thoroughly enjoy the ride especially if you know where you are going.

Naturally, do not go back down the fire road on the way back. Head straight across the fire road onto the last Golden Eagle singletrack and experience the full meaning of awesomeness, right back to where you parked!

I will help you in ANY way so you have an awesome experience. Ask away... let me know... :thumbsup:

6. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Name:
    Andy
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon

Cheers Mikie. I just downloaded GPX-Viewer so I can view the .gpx file... Don't wanna get lost ;-)

Bluesrider and Sasquatch9billion like this.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    @Andy
    Below those two GPX Viewer Buttons are files you can click on to get the actual .gpx file. Upload that to your Garmin to be safe and sound... ;)
    The GPX Viewer auto loads at the bottom of a post so you can see a map, but it's not the file...
    ge.gpxfiles.PNG

8. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    Looks like a great ride. If I can get a sitter I may join you guys. Mark me down as a 50/50 maybe.

9. Bluesrider

Bluesrider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Todd
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    I'm a maybe for this ride. I get home Friday around noon from 9 days in Hawaii, so of course I've not ridden a bike and gained a little vacation weight. But I'm in serious need of a good ride, will confirm on Friday evening.

10. Bluesrider

Bluesrider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Todd
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    Sorry for the late night notice. But no GE ride for me Saturday.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?